Reviews

Have been reading a few of the reviews and watching a number of videos on the new RS3, most seem very good with driving dynamics being praised which has not always been a standout feature for the rs3

Maybe its time to come back to the fold :racer:

Reactions: Terminator x

I thought Joe Achilles video the best yet, he's got a good way of explaining things also refreshing to hear some slightly negative comments as well as the positive one's

Reactions: Rs31981, 3vans, NevMan and 1 other person
don’t mind the vast majority of the You Tubers, subscribed to most, but this guy is a tool

He’s very negative against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
Lol

Two reasons why I won’t order one…I can’t afford it and I can’t afford it

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
I thought Joe Achilles video the best yet, he's got a good way of explaining things also refreshing to hear some slightly negative comments as well as the positive one's

I think he has got a lot better generally, used to be VERY BMW biased

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin

Agreed. It seemed a measured and thoughtful consideration on the car.

Reactions: Rs31981, NevMan, Mike.46 and 1 other person
Two reasons why I won’t order one…I can’t afford it and I can’t afford it

And he won’t order because there’s no design package and it’s not a CS

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Lol

**** me that guy could bore the hind hooves off a prostitute (that’s the saying, right?!).

I assume he prefers his golf…? Yawn…

Reactions: NevMan, FBF01, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
**** me that guy could bore the hind hooves off a prostitute (that’s the saying, right?!).

I assume he prefers his golf…? Yawn…
He actually gets a simailar response on the VWROC forum as he keeps on trying to get over that his Golf Clubsport is superior/better than a Golf R. and if he cant afford a Golf R with the huge discounts he isnt going anywhere near an RS3

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and NevMan
And he won’t order because there’s no design package and it’s not a CS

Obviously his Clubsport is the best ever….it’s a golf mate

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I do think this car is the best Audi there is.

I have driven the R8 Spider, RS6, RS3 8V, e-tron GT, Q4 e-tron which is most of the cars that might be considered special...
I know I am missing any RS Q models and the RS4 and RS5 but I tell you - and I should have made this more obvious in my video - THIS RS3 accelerates significantly faster than my car.

Reactions: Mike.46, Keano04, AndyVWR and 1 other person
I do think this car is the best Audi there is.

I have driven the R8 Spider, RS6, RS3 8V, e-tron GT, Q4 e-tron which is most of the cars that might be considered special...
I know I am missing any RS Q models and the RS4 and RS5 but I tell you - and I should have made this more obvious in my video - THIS RS3 accelerates significantly faster than my car.
That's interesting to hear - coming from an RS6 I was hoping it would feel a little more pokey that the PFL RS3 did

WTF
77484052d1d0101873354951754dc49d.png

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, 3vans, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Good video by the way :thumbs up:
But, I'm not sure the comment ''I do think this car is the best Audi there is'' is correct, Isnt it a liitle like comparing apples with pears?
IMHO the Etron GT RS is probably one of the nicest designs ever.

The R8 is also a stunning looking car that will draw admiring or jealous glances where ever you are and in different circumstances I would have another in a heartbeat, My lads Q7 gets two children, two German sheperds and two kids bikes inside it for a day out.

We could go on and on describing how a particluar car could be considered as 'The best Audi there is' but I think it's more down to what fits your individual needs and of course your 'wants' as well :)

Reactions: infernox
WTF
77484052d1d0101873354951754dc49d.png

That’s hilarious.

Basically he is saying his own opinion is a load of balls so ignore what he said and listen to joe instead

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
Good video by the way :thumbs up:
But, I'm not sure the comment ''I do think this car is the best Audi there is'' is correct, Isnt it a liitle like comparing apples with pears?
IMHO the Etron GT RS is probably one of the nicest designs ever.

The R8 is also a stunning looking car that will draw admiring or jealous glances where ever you are and in different circumstances I would have another in a heartbeat, My lads Q7 gets two children, two German sheperds and two kids bikes inside it for a day out.

We could go on and on describing how a particluar car could be considered as 'The best Audi there is' but I think it's more down to what fits your individual needs and of course your 'wants' as well :)

I don’t think the steering on the etron GT is good. It feels heavy compared to the Porsche Taycan and although I didn’t drive the RS model I don’t think they are going to make the steering lighter on that version!

The R8 is fantastic. Just watch my video driving the spider! Not a good video at all but it sounded amazing. But it’s not at all practical and it can’t drift. In fact NO Audi can drift except the RS3 right now.

You may not want to drift but that handling capability has no rival right now with Audi.

So as a package the RS3 is the best in my opinion.

The R8 is fantastic. Just watch my video driving the spider! Not a good video at all but it sounded amazing. But it’s not at all practical and it can’t drift. In fact NO Audi can drift except the RS3 right now.

You may not want to drift but that handling capability has no rival right now with Audi.

So as a package the RS3 is the best in my opinion.
I can assure you that an R8 will indeed drift or oversteer if provoked, I have owned two, they can never send anymore than 30% forward, my V10 caught me out a few times, you can daily an R8 as well as a 911, ive owned around 6 of those as well :)

Reactions: infernox

M2 and Porsche fly at the end but impressive launch from the RS3

Reactions: 8YARWY, Mike.46, 3vans and 1 other person
The golf is the most impressive there imho. I know it didn’t win but that is such a strong performance.

Given I either owned or considered all of those cars (and obviously chose the rs3) that was a good video for me

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Mike.46, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
The golf is the most impressive there imho. I know it didn’t win but that is such a strong performance.

Given I either owned or considered all of those cars (and obviously chose the rs3) that was a good video for me
Yes I agree the golf hung on really well there, don't foregt though most of them are dynoing around 340hp :)

Yes I agree the golf hung on really well there, don't foregt though most of them are dynoing around 340hp :)

same could be said for all of the cars on the line up though. BMW and there 3 litres always make more than claimed and my 8V RS3 made 415 on the dyno a few years back.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Lol what twaddle

Engine and gearbox feel out of date

003b2c9fee37b09f5c48a30c499d6445.png

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit and 3vans
Lol what twaddle

What exactly is the basis for that statement? Seems a really random one given that engine and gearbox combo seems to be pretty highly regarded as a cracking pairing.

Reactions: Waq1
What exactly is the basis for that statement? Seems a really random one given that engine and gearbox combo seems to be pretty highly regarded as a cracking pairing.

Idiot reviewer

Lol what twaddle

Is the gearbox the same as the opf 8v?

They raved about the engine in the previous gen but now that’s no good.

That they conclude with reference to the civic type R as a better (me reading between the lines a little) alternative says enough for me to dismiss that guys opinion.

“Fast for a road car”

Do your research ***……..

New model is a Six piston caliper when fitted with normal steel discs.

Not 8 like you inferred……

I made a mistake. But glad you are paying attention! I have edited this out however it takes a while to update...

Reactions: Jassyo06