Reviews

Dunno, feeling a bit indifferent towards the 8Y now, has it moved on significantly enough to justify the cost, the long wait may get the better of me and could quite easily go and buy something else in the interim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get where your coming from what's in contention for the interim ?

Maybe there was too much hype and building the car up that we expected something 'really' WOW/Special? I really wasnt blown away by the RS3 either

I just can’t come up with anything else exciting in the same price bracket that I actually want…

That’s the thing. It’s the best of what it is at the price point it is.

There isn’t anything else really… certainly available new in any case. Used car prices are mental so anything you go for if looking used, the price will fall out your **** within 12 months…

I can’t think of anything else that I would actually want as an alternative either…

Reactions: FBF01, garethdj and Daggerit
That’s the thing. It’s the best of what it is at the price point it is.

There isn’t anything else really… certainly available new in any case. Used car prices are mental so anything you go for if looking used, the price will fall out your **** within 12 months…

I can’t think of anything else that I would actually want as an alternative either…

That’s exactly it. I won’t even say ‘it’s the best of a bad bunch’ or anything like that because all the cars around it’s cost are really good if reviews are to be believed.

And the RS cars hold their value really well which makes PCP very attractive as well.

When I have a confirmed delivery I’ll maybe go back for another test and see what I think.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Keano04
Anyone considering cancelling... I think you should, might help mine arrive quicker :eyes::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Waq1, AndyVWR and 7 others
Hi guys,
Just been looking at Autocar and seems that in the 22 Dec Issue they are doing a twin test RS3 Saloon v M3

I’m sure that will bring plenty of opinions and comment.

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Hi guys,
Just been looking at Autocar and seems that in the 22 Dec Issue they are doing a twin test RS3 Saloon v M3

I’m sure that will bring plenty of opinions and comment.

That’s funny. I went and had a look at the m3 today in person it’s much more appealing than in pics…

Not for me at this point though, well I may consider the touring when it arrives

ffa37eb1da9123130c2a1b35c423c515.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, FBF01, NevMan and 1 other person
That’s funny. I went and had a look at the m3 today in person it’s much more appealing than in pics…

Not for me at this point though, well I may consider the touring when it arrives

Lol what’s going on with the Honda exhaust.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

M performance exhaust that, apparently it’s a few grand for basically no noise difference. #opflife

P.S. don’t be dissing Honda’s, ex type r owner

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
M performance exhaust that, apparently it’s a few grand for basically no noise difference. #opflife

P.S. don’t be dissing Honda’s, ex type r owner

Looks terrible.

2 x type r owner here too

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and garethdj
Looks terrible.

Loved my FK8. Ruined it with a custom exhaust though, straight through from the cat back

Reactions: NevMan
Looks terrible.

i was gonna say exactly the same ... looks absolutely terrible & chav tastic !

Reactions: 8YARWY

Yeah looks terrible doesn’t it!!

Very very rare though so thought I’d snap a pic… as much as I’d like a bit of extra noise for the money and style it’s a no from me!

That in San Marino Blue or Sky Scraper Grey :wub:

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01
I feel like I should REALLY like that car and it does look good and love the interior with white contrast seats BUT ... it's just not a car that is calling me - can't put my finger on why, the colour looks amazing though.
Ok....I raise you with this

I know everyone wasn’t a fan of the front grille, but it has really grown on me! I think this cars just stunning and in the person is just sublime, the exhausts are huge…has quite the presence.

Reactions: billymc92, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Ok....I raise you with this

View attachment 247309
View attachment 247310

I know everyone wasn’t a fan of the front grille, but it has really grown on me! I think this cars just stunning and in the person is just sublime, the exhausts are huge…has quite the presence.

ok it does look cool ......... but I'd sooner have your Dad's RS6 :icon thumright:

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
Would have thought the RS3 would have dipped high 11s but possible with maybe better tyres. That Tesla and the instant acceleration once moving must be infectious and would slaughter most. Saw one the other day undertake a car and crazy how this thing shot off

Hardly a surprise result.
Not all interested in any comparison to a soul-less EV.
They have one ace card which is instant rapid acceleration - but after that I would very quickly get bored $hi7less with one day to day.

Reactions: Jassyo06, hef, M7 and 2 others
Would have thought the RS3 would have dipped high 11s but possible with maybe better tyres. That Tesla and the instant acceleration once moving must be infectious and would slaughter most. Saw one the other day undertake a car and crazy how this thing shot off
Despite what claims any particular dyno tester may be claiming any day now *cough* the hp of this car is pretty much as audi claims going by a 12s 1/4 mile run. Pretty much the same as the PFL and this without OPF. If anything no more than 1-2% of the stated hp at best.

Reactions: Waq1 and FBF01
Hardly a surprise result.
Not all interested in any comparison to a soul-less EV.
They have one ace card which is instant rapid acceleration - but after that I would very quickly get bored $hi7less with one day to day.

The new Taycan GTS looks quite tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve Sutcliffe is raving about it in Autocar...looks superb. Quite fancy an EV next actually, however I doubt I'll pull the trigger on one

Rings Tesla asking to order one

Not sure about anyone else but the TM3 isn't even on my radar as a competitor. Hateful things. Even if it was rocket propelled I would not give 2 *****.

TX.

Reactions: Waq1, 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Not sure about anyone else but the TM3 isn't even on my radar as a competitor. Hateful things. Even if it was rocket propelled I would not give 2 *****.

TX.
They really don't appeal to me either. If I'm going to get an electric car I want it to be reasonably cheap, comfortable and be able to do the family transport thing and that's about it. I'm sure it'll be different eventually, but at the moment I wouldn't want an EV as a 'performance' car in my garage while I still have the option of an ICE car which has more character about it.

Reactions: Waq1 and Terminator x
The new Taycan GTS looks quite tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve Sutcliffe is raving about it in Autocar...looks superb. Quite fancy an EV next actually, however I doubt I'll pull the trigger on one
Visually the Taycan does look a nice car (inside & out) BUT ...
a) its massive
b) have you priced on up as they are mega bucks
c) its electric

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, FBF01 and 1 other person