Revo Remap Group Buy Discount!

Unfortunately your A3 will have the 170PPD engine, due to the inherent design limitations of this Engine, the Diesel Particulate Filter and the flawed factory regeneration process, Revo refuse to offer software for any PD170 DPF application.

DPF: In simple terms (as VW put it) the Diesel Particulate filter is part of the exhaust system responsible for cleaning the engine exhaust gases before they enter the atmosphere.

DPF Function and Problems

The DPF function is to collect soot particles emitted in the exhaust gases. At a predetermined level the DPF supposedly ‘cleans’ itself by a DPF regeneration, a process that increases the temperature with the DPF and burns off the soot particles.

In theory the vehicle should be able to carry out its regeneration process un-aided under normal driving conditions. However in practice the majority of owners find this isn’t the case and will be told by their main dealer that their driving style is not sufficient for the process to function and that the car needs to then be driven a certain way to clear the DPF. VW group documentation says that ‘short’ or ‘stop/start’ journeys aren’t sufficient and the regeneration process may not complete. We know of customers that have been advised by the VW Group that they do ‘too many motorway miles’ for the regeneration to function correctly. VW Group documentation states:

‘Driving conditions in inner-city and any UK Island do not proved optimum conditions for the regeneration procedure’

‘Consider your driving style and length of journey to allow for the driving conditions required for DPF regeneration’ refer to owners handbook.

In a lot of scenarios the regeneration procedure doesn’t complete and allows the DPF to further block and require forced regeneration or DPF failure and replacement; something that’s not usually covered under warranty.

NOTE: the issues with this engine are mainly related to the regeneration process, this process was refined and functions without issue on the PD140 and later CR engines which Revo Fully Support

Performance software and DPF

Problems occur when the cars run performance software for the same reasons they occur in standard vehicles, however depending on the driving style these problems can be accentuated when using performance software.

The DPF can block or get too hot causing hesitation and poor fuel economy. Although Revo haven’t had any dealers or customers experience it, there have been reports in the press of dry DPF systems actually catching fire. Issues experienced are typically erratic power delivery and fluctuating fuel economy.

For the above reasons and the inconsistency with these engines Revo has decided not to offer software for any PD170 DPF application.

NOTE: this only effects the PPD170 not other diesel applications that Revo offer software solutions for

DPF Bypass

We spent a lot of time looking at potential solutions for this engine, including a DPF bypass solution in the form of an after market downpipe and specific software. We thoroughly tested a DPF bypass set-up over an 18 month period before coming to the decision to not support this product.

NOTE: There are no issues with the PD140 DPF vehicles, or later CR (Common Rail) Engines. Revo fully support these vehicles.

I thought that were the case, no problem. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Is this just offer just on remaps? My stage 1 has already been done, so very interested if there are any offers on the revo camcoat CAI.

Reactions: SimonSystems
Stage 1 on and I must say,
Very happy!
Went to jjb in york,the guys were fantastic,very knowledgeable and informative. Got my 140 2.0 tdi to 185bhp.
Nice drive home on the a64, bit busy,but managed to get a feel for what I'd got!
Much more responsive, more torque through the gears,and generally just faster,
So like I say very happy and would recommend jjb!going to arrange miltek exhaust and revo intake with them next,and that will probably do me.
Manny!

I'm thinking of using them if I decide to go down this route over a running box.

Is this just offer just on remaps? My stage 1 has already been done, so very interested if there are any offers on the revo camcoat CAI.
...I'd be very interested in this -
2.0 TFSI | AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
The Revo intake features a motorsport-quality-proven, three-layer filter, with an impressive 857cm² surface area supported by galvanised, epoxy-coated mesh ensuring the filter cannot collapse. The filter has a large 180mm external diameter body and a smooth radius aluminium bell mouth specifically designed for optimum airflow from filter to pipe-work.
- for my stage 1 tuned S3...

I'm thinking of using them if I decide to go down this route over a running box.

I see tuning boxes as a harsh way of tuning personally. They assume all cars are the same and do not read or work with your car, just basically interrupt and confuse the signals to up values in the performance areas. You can get better than a fully developed (over many months) custom software file to work in harmony with your our engine and set up to suit your cars requirements.

Reactions: Marshy and Phil-1
Hi, I just looked online and I believe their is a revo remap place In Bedford?
Is this discount still running? If so how long for and what would the price be.
I have a 05 a3 2.0tdi (bkd) I don't think mine has dpf but will need egr deleting from ecu and remap. Thanks

Hi, I just looked online and I believe their is a revo remap place In Bedford?
Is this discount still running? If so how long for and what would the price be.
I have a 05 a3 2.0tdi (bkd) I don't think mine has dpf but will need egr deleting from ecu and remap. Thanks

This is something that was started in January and the vouchers expire end of March, so yes if you message your email address and name over to me we can possibly get you a voucher out just before cut off, depending if your dealer can get you in next week.
You can locate your closest dealer here - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator
There is no requirement for EGR delete and the only reason people normally do this is to work around a faulty part, which should just be replaced. Revo software does not delete or mask fault codes, it works with measured values, therefore even for a vehicle where we offer an EGR delete the EGR needs to be connected and fully functioning.

Ok I understand.. a week is far to soon for me.. I won't be thinking about a remap for at least a month still have a few things with higher priority to sort first.
Thanks bud I'll just have to hope for another deal when I'm ready

Reactions: Phil-1 and Revo Steve-W
This is something that was started in January and the vouchers expire end of March

Ah balls! Didn't realise this was the case, I saw the thread last month but thought the offer had expired. I'm very happy with my Stage 1 Revo remap and Camcoated Revo CAI from VAS Motion on the 1st, however I would be even happier to have saved some much needed pennies! :weary:

Just missed this! Was about to pull the trigger on a Bluefin when I decided to search the forums for other opinions and came across this Revo thread. Missed it by 1 day!

Guess I'll just get the self service bluefin for the reduced price of £416.

Is bluefin just a plug and play chip?

Is bluefin just a plug and play chip?

As far as I know they have two options:

Upload 2016 4 1 10 58 46

I've had a quote on my car for the dealer remap on the right and it would cost around the same price as the reduced DIY version. So i'd rather the DIY version so I take it off if I need to.

As far as I know they have two options:

View attachment 86215

I've had a quote on my car for the dealer remap on the right and it would cost around the same price as the reduced DIY version. So i'd rather the DIY version so I take it off if I need to.
Just watched some YouTube videos on this.. to me it looks like they have tuned some cars saved the settings then selling the settings on.
I don't see this a safe option.
I had my vectra mapped twice as first time it flaged up that I had faulty sensors so needed to replace before its tuned.. after second session it was sweet!

But had I added settings from another remap I'm sure some damage could be done with broken sensors not giving accurate readings??

Is this still on?

I have a 2013 Audi S5 and want to get a Stage 1+ Remap
I was told vouchers was ending end of March one page back but if your lucky someone may get back to you... if you go one page back I'm sure their was a link direct to the tuning company. You could contact them direct and pop a discount question to them direct..
No harm in asking?

I was told vouchers was ending end of March one page back but if your lucky someone may get back to you... if you go one page back I'm sure their was a link direct to the tuning company. You could contact them direct and pop a discount question to them direct..
No harm in asking?

i went a page back to look for the voucher / link but struggling?! sorry to be a pain!

Sorry bud the vouchers wasn't open on the forum, you had to pm Revo Steve-w with your name and email and he was sorting the vouchers. He replied to me on the last page.
He also sent me a link to find the nearest tuners to me so if it's to late and he can't get any more vouchers then you can contact the company direct.

Reactions: TooSpeedy
thank's ive sent him a message so hopefully i'll hear some good news!

Reactions: S3rep
Hi Guys,

This offer is now expired, however as the show session begins you will be able to take advantage of show deals throughout the year. Please visit the Revo Facebook page for a list of events which are being attended or contact your local Revo dealer for more information - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

The Revo file is data logged and adjusted to suit your own vehicle, on many models you can even carry out your own adjustments and switching at home, making Revo the most developed custom software on the market. Revo have developed software for VAG cars for over 15 years now, sticking to what we know rather than becoming a Jack of all trades putting in limited development time or just upping a few values in the data area or deleting safety perimeters. Revo software testing is carried out in many varying environments and conditions around the world to ensure that your car performs at its ultimate whatever the conditions.

Thank you
Steve

Reactions: NL316, bredhurststeve, Marshy and 2 others
Hi Guys,

This offer is now expired, however as the show session begins you will be able to take advantage of show deals throughout the year. Please visit the Revo Facebook page for a list of events which are being attended or contact your local Revo dealer for more information - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

The Revo file is data logged and adjusted to suit your own vehicle, on many models you can even carry out your own adjustments and switching at home, making Revo the most developed custom software on the market. Revo have developed software for VAG cars for over 15 years now, sticking to what we know rather than becoming a Jack of all trades putting in limited development time or just upping a few values in the data area or deleting safety perimeters. Revo software testing is carried out in many varying environments and conditions around the world to ensure that your car performs at its ultimate whatever the conditions.

Thank you
Steve

Thanks Steve, following them on Facebook now, however the next event is in Ireland! i'll keep an eye out as im very interested in getting something done as soon as i can.

Stage 1+ is fantastic on the 3.0TFSi, we spent 18 months developing the Stage 1, then additional time on the 1+ with pulley upgrade.

Here's a taster of the figures we saw during development.

Capture1

Reactions: SimonSystems
Missed the deal but decided to get the revo remap anyway as a Stage 1 2.0 TDI isn't that pricey.

Went to Russell Automotive in Kingsbury, London. The guys there were super friendly and professional and I was in and out in about 2 hours.
They even let me work with my laptop from their waiting area so I didn't even need to take time off work!

I literally noticed the difference on the way home! Driven it for a few days now and i've noticed the following:

- The car is much quieter and less shaky idling.
- Minimal lag with the turbo kicking in, making for more efficient overtaking :)
- Pull pull even if I happen to find myself going up hill in a higher gear than required.
- Noticeable improvement in MPG (Shop was 10 miles from my home and I got home with the same MPG as I left the shop with).

Really really impressed with it so far.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction of the dealer and sending me the info from Revo, Steve! Definitely swayed me away from the Blufin option.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and S3rep
Hi Guys,

Thank you
Steve

@Revo Steve-W are you guys planning any group buys in the near future? I'm interested.

I know I missed this group buy, but in case if there's another one, is it required to buy and install the software in the UK or can one use a local dealer (I'm in Denmark)?

only just got my car,would have loved to get a revo map,il have to keep an eye out for shows

only just got my car,would have loved to get a revo map,il have to keep an eye out for shows
Revo seemed to slow down on the development of their maps for the 8P platform whereas APR are still developing. A custom map would get the best out of your particular car.
Where are you based?

Revo seemed to slow down on the development of their maps for the 8P platform whereas APR are still developing. A custom map would get the best out of your particular car.
Where are you based?

We got it pretty damn good first time and now it's about the future. If we went backwards, then we'd never progress or the newer products would suffer, the concentration is of course on newer models, as it was back when the 2.0 TFSi was released, keeping the development fleet fresh and bringing out the latest software after many months of track and road tarmac development to ensure we make the absolute most of each vehicle for performance, driveability and of course reliability.

We're at VAGTuner Live in a couple of weeks time if you're about Damian and as ever are so confident in the Revo software, that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee, returning your car to stock should you not be 100% happy. Revo is also adjustable for Timing, Fueling and Boost, so can be set up to suit your exact requirements, or even set up for three pre-set lots of settings, so maybe a normal use, more aggressive track mode or lower octane mode for if travelling and struggle to get hold of V-Power. You also get anti-theft mode, valet mode, stock mimic etc...

Pop along to see us at VAGTuner live, you certainly won't miss us.
http://www.vagtuner.co.uk/
Steve i am in Aberdeen mate and i think MB Garage services is your local stockists up here . could you let me know what the price would be about roughly as it might not be worth getting done due to car age cheers

thank are revo remaps custom or generic as i have hears a few off the lads talking about generic ones and custom ones

thank are revo remaps custom or generic as i have hears a few off the lads talking about generic ones and custom ones

All Revo software is ECU I.D Specific and fully adjustable, therefore far from generic one fits all.
However, be wary of what some call 'Custom' as it's often data area files with safety parameters turned off and peak figure chasing on a dyno with a big fan pointing at an open bonnet, which doesn't reflect real world performance. (Custom... would you want a custom parachute? not tried or tested)
This is why we develop on the tarmac in the real world, giving you the power where you need it and consistently, not just for a one off run before it gets too hot and starts to pull back. As I say, Revo is fully adjustable too, so you can have the car set up to suit your own requirements.

As for custom - would you want a custom parachute? not tried or tested...

Grab yourself an SPS switch and you also open up a whole host of additional options -

Your Revo software has adjustable Boost, Fueling and Timing. Using as SPS your software is switchable between ‘Stock’ and three adjustable performance modes, it can also be configured to a Valet mode and has an Anti-Theft setting

Perf. Modes can be set to customer preferences e.g: Low octane specific, high octane specific, low boost/high boost, or valet mode. Speak to your dealer for further details.

SPS Settings:

• Setting #1 on your SPS sets your vehicle to stock
  • Setting #2 on your SPS sets your vehicle to Revo Performance mode A (Boost, Fuelling and Timing settings can be configured by your Revo dealer to suit your requirements)
  • Setting #3 on your SPS sets your vehicle to Revo Performance mode B (Boost, Fuelling and Timing settings can be configured by your Revo dealer to suit your requirements)
  • Setting #4 on your SPS sets your vehicle to Revo Performance mode C (Boost, Fuelling and Timing settings can be configured by your Revo dealer to suit your requirements)
  • Setting #5 on your SPS turns ON Anti-Theft mode
  • Setting #6 on your SPS turns OFF Anti-Theft mode
NOTE: Any adjustments need to be monitored to make sure your vehicle is running correctly

i will take from you Steve that the guy Matty will know his Sh*t and keep me right lol. have texted him to give me a call when he is not to busy to discuss things and explained very new to mapping cheers for your replies

i will take from you Steve that the guy Matty will know his Sh*t and keep me right lol. have texted him to give me a call when he is not to busy to discuss things and explained very new to mapping cheers for your replies

He's a good guy and yes, been tuning and setting up cars for many years on Revo. He used to be Wallace Performance before MB. They're also known for their Evo builds etc so a very strong reputation within your area.

Where are you based?
Im in manchester