Revo Remap

Nawaid

Just orderded Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic
Reaction score
Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Meh. Until Scott stops getting misfires and EPC warning lights from his DTUK box, I'll leave it ;)

Scott's the only 1 having issues, and I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a couple of potential issues and I'm awaiting feedback.

Check out the R Forum as we've sold over 20 kits on there this last 2 weeks without any issues other than the usual mis fitting.

Get an MTM, or ABT box - Veeeight! Pricey but no issues ever and backed up with warranty!

Reactions: veeeight
How many miles would you need to do before considering the chip? 1k, new oil and then go for it?
Dave

Doesnt matter about mileage, I always wait till the oil temp is up and always run the turbo down and try and cool the brakes. Oil change at least every 5k too but thats probably OTT

£720 for a remap is pretty steep. I hate how they price things up and then have a statement saying excluding VAT. I was expecting it to come I'm around the £575-£625 ballmark

Would rather go for the DTUK box plus pedal box. Much cheaper, tried and tested and according to them, no TD1's

The burning question is will this flag a TD1? If it does I'll give this a miss.

TD1 has been around for several years, but suddenly more people have started to talk about it.
One of the reasons many of us own VAG vehicles and the reason Revo have worked with them for 12 years+, is partly down to their strong reliability, meaning that a warranty claim is rare.
However should the occasion to make a Warranty visit arise, then some do opt to have the car flashed back to stock prior to a Main dealer visit. Following the visit to the dealership, Revo do not re-charge for the software. Please speak to your local dealer for more details - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Thanks Steve, I've no problem with flashing back to stock but although I've had Audis for a while I only just recently became aware of the TD1 flag.
It wouldn't bother me if I knew for sure that Audi ignored it.

I thought a TD1 stayed even after reflashing back to stock, is this correct?

Last edited:
As long as it's re-flashed back to the very same identical file that your car (or production batch) had, the checksum will be the same, so no TD1 flag will be raised.

If it's inadvertently flashed back to a file which your car did not leave the factory with, it will not match what Audi AG have, then a TD1 flag will be raised.

Reactions: The Challinor
As long as it's re-flashed back to the very same identical file that your car (or production batch) had, the checksum will be the same, so no TD1 flag will be raised.

If it's inadvertently flashed back to a file which your car did not leave the factory with, it will not match what Audi AG have, then a TD1 flag will be raised.
I'm sure everyone would love to hear the official response from Revo too

So, what's the ECU on the SB then? Odd that the sedan came out after the SB, yet the sedan has been cracked first.

The sedan (saloon) I believe has the same ECU as the VW Golf.

Golfs are more common and mainstream and the demographic of owners is slightly younger than Audis, and a lot of tuners think the VW owners are more open to tuning and aftermarket mods, which is why most cater for the VW owners first.

Also, the Golf is cheaper to buy, with shorter lead times, so tuners got them to develop on first.

Revo had a play with my SB back at the end of July, and are very nearly there with a map
:-D