Revo S1 Stage 2 Software release details - 348BHP/508NM!!

Revo Steve-W

Reaction score
Website
www.revotechnik.com
S1 image

Revo Stage 2 Performance software is flashed through the ODB-II port leaving the factory ECU intact. Combined with less restrictive exhaust and intake, more efficient cooling and airflow our Stage 2 software increases the peak power up to 350bhp* with well over 500Nm* of torque. Revo Stage 2 software optimizes the uprated hardware and ties it altogether to make the very most out of your upgrades. Giving you increased torque and power throughout the rev range without compromising driveability, smoothness or power delivery. Stage 2 has switchable performance mode options suitable for varying conditions and fuel quality. When using the SPS the performance mode can be switched in the car and an Anti-Theft mode can be selected and set.

For more information please see the website (Stage 2 S1 details to be added later today as part of release) - http://www.revotechnik.com/

or contact your local Revo dealer for an appointment - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins, owen87 and ChrisG.
508 NM :scared2:

How did the CV joints hold up on the test car?

What clutch would you recommend to take the extra torque and power?

Chris

Reactions: Revo Steve-W

Chris

Hi Chris,

An uprated clutch is a 100% requirement, as the stock clutches on the S1 and other later TSi's for that matter are sadly weak, unlike the TFSi's.

Sachs/Helix/Spec... any of the normal suspects should serve you well, we used Sachs in our own car,

Otherwise, no other mechanical issues, but of course the car like any does need to be driven with respect and not by some Muppet doing a four wheel burnout on the spot etc.

Thanks, Steve

Reactions: owen87, ChrisG. and Ian Whiffen
Steve, how does the Sachs clutch feel compared to the stock S1 clutch?

Chris

Been running revo stage 2 all be it without intercooler at 320hp 531nm for about 10k miles with no cv joint issues

Reactions: SladeySC, Ian Whiffen, ChrisG. and 1 other person
Yes is it heavier, but not the heaviest clutch we've felt on a road car and not uncomfortably so.

Thanks for the reply. So did you have an organic or sintered plate fitted?

Reactions: AGee and Ian Whiffen
When will the next upgrade is going to release along with a suitable clutch?

When will the next upgrade is going to release along with a suitable clutch?

Several clutch options already available via likes of Sachs for the S1, as stock clutch is pretty poor for a performance hatch. Speak to your local Revo dealer directly for more details.

Not sure what you're u mean by next upgrade, Stage 2 is the highest stage for S1 at this time & gives a great balance of drivability and performance as anyone who's driven one will tell you, cracking little motors.

Reactions: Alex Richardson
Several clutch options already available via likes of Sachs for the S1, as stock clutch is pretty poor for a performance hatch. Speak to your local Revo dealer directly for more details.

Not sure what you're u mean by next upgrade, Stage 2 is the highest stage for S1 at this time & gives a great balance of drivability and performance as anyone who's driven one will tell you, cracking little motors.
Thanks for your quick reply. I think I will speak to them.

That's impressive figures for Stage 2, would be interesting to see how it holds up over time!

Otherwise, no other mechanical issues, but of course the car like any does need to be driven with respect and not by some Muppet doing a four wheel burnout on the spot etc.

Four wheel burnout? Now that's impressive! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and DTYME83
Been running revo stage 2 all be it without intercooler at 320hp 531nm for about 10k miles with no cv joint issues
If you don't mind me asking what did the Stage 2 with all the required upgrades cost (clutch, air filter etc etc)?

Reactions: SladeySC
Clutch £513 organic
Clutch £550 sintered
Downpipe Scorpion £495 decat
Downpipe Scorpion £765 Sports cat
Intercooler Forged £650
Flat Panel air filter £35

@SladeySC

Reactions: AGee and SladeySC
Clutch £513 organic
Clutch £550 sintered
Downpipe Scorpion £495 decat
Downpipe Scorpion £765 Sports cat
Intercooler Forged £650
Flat Panel air filter £35

@SladeySC

Oh and a good set of front brakes, depending on how much you wanna spend Tarox do a kit called "Sports Compact" for £1200
DTYME83

@SladeySC

Last edited:
Wow they look awesome, 6 pot 330mm? As long as they're not astronomically expensive I think I could be interested in those. Have been looking for a decent brake setup for a while, being 5x100 is a little limiting in terms of upgrades :(

As a guide on current Alcon/Revo brake set up pricing - http://www.revotechnik.com/revo-products/brakes#productposition

Hang tight we won't be long with full release & anyone who has used the Alcon brake set up will tell you they truly are incredible, I like how progressive they are, you don't even notice them when driving around town, far from aggressive but when you hit the track or fast road, the difference is incredible, you realise how good they are when you go back to a stock set up.

We'll be releasing a brake overview in near future too, we did a days back to back testing at Bruntingthorpe, after only a few runs/laps the stock brakes were not only useless but on fire.

Just to clarify, the Caliper is Alcon, however the hardware/fittings are all Revo's own, hence it's a Revo/Alcon kit.

Wow they look awesome, 6 pot 330mm? As long as they're not astronomically expensive I think I could be interested in those. Have been looking for a decent brake setup for a while, being 5x100 is a little limiting in terms of upgrades :(

you are not looking very hard then as there are many many options available for the S1

I'm going to guess the above revo/alcon setup will be £1500+

retain stock disc and fit the AP 4 pots from a Ibiza Cupra FR

fit the 323mm disc and Brembo 4 pots from a Leon Cupra FR

fit the MK4 Golf R32 setup

AP do a 330mm offering for the MK4 Golf platform that fit

Reactions: alexoc
you are not looking very hard then as there are many many options available for the S1

I'm going to guess the above revo/alcon setup will be £1500+

retain stock disc and fit the AP 4 pots from a Ibiza Cupra FR

fit the 323mm disc and Brembo 4 pots from a Leon Cupra FR

fit the MK4 Golf R32 setup

AP do a 330mm offering for the MK4 Golf platform that fit

4 pots aren't really what I had in mind for a car that will be running 400bhp, I have looked at the setups you mention and none of them are a good enough upgrade for what I require.

Reactions: DTYME83
4 pots aren't really what I had in mind for a car that will be running 400bhp, I have looked at the setups you mention and none of them are a good enough upgrade for what I require.

wow just wow what a sweeping statement, i think you need to look at the many oem vehicle running 4 pot calipers
just 1 example is a mitsubishi EVO!

I'm going to guess that you aren't planning on tracking you car? what are your requirements looks or function? Road or Track?

The 4 pot Brembo offering off a LCR are seriously good combined with DS2500 pads for fast road use!
I personally run AP 4pots on stock discs with DS2500 pads and have no issues at all & mine is all fast road use and i live in the lake district

wow just wow what a sweeping statement, i think you need to look at the many oem vehicle running 4 pot calipers
just 1 example is a mitsubishi EVO!

I'm going to guess that you aren't planning on tracking you car? what are your requirements looks or function? Road or Track?

The 4 pot Brembo offering off a LCR are seriously good combined with DS2500 pads for fast road use!
I personally run AP 4pots on stock discs with DS2500 pads and have no issues at all & mine is all fast road use and i live in the lake district

Sweeping statement? I want 6 pots not 4 pots that's personal preference leave me alone lol.

Revo Stage 2 software increases the peak power up to 350bhp* with well over 500Nm* of torque. Revo Stage 2 software optimizes the uprated hardware and ties it altogether to make the very most out of your upgrades.

Revo Steve-W, with the Revo stage 1 tune a time of 0-60 in 4.47 seconds was measured, did Revo test the 0-60 time for stage 2?

Any chance Revo are or planing to work on stage 3 with a upgraded turbo say for instance a TTE525R?

There is so much to take into account, the number of pistons is not the be all and end all, it's about piston volume, matching to servo, car weight... if a 6 pot were a better option, trust me we would run a 6 pot, as we do on other Revo/Alcon set up's.

Revo R&D is exhaustive, you can be assured by the time we release a product that it will be the best possible balance for performance and drive-ability. We have several Stage 3 S1's in BETA throughout Europe, so brake testing includes track and road testing with these 400Bhp+ cars.

Revo Steve-W, with the Revo stage 1 tune a time of 0-60 in 4.47 seconds was measured, did Revo test the 0-60 time for stage 2?

Any chance Revo are or planing to work on stage 3 with a upgraded turbo say for instance a TTE525R?

No stage 2 figures for 0-60 to hand, in fairness we tune for drive-ability and on road performance over numbers, but of course ii is damn quick.
As for Stage 3, almost a years testing and development is coming to the end with cars in BETA around the world, Stage 3 uses the IS38 and of course not only gives you performance but also 'Reliability' too.

As for Stage 3, almost a years testing and development is coming to the end with cars in BETA around the world, Stage 3 uses the IS38 and of course not only gives you performance but also 'Reliability' too.

Revo-Steve, any update on the stage 3 yet? I hear the MK7 Golf Gti is getting a stage 4 soon and the MK7 Golf R is getting a stage 3, any love for the S1?

Last edited: