Revo stage 1 - S3

ChrisB-90

Reaction score
Has anyone had this done?
I was worried about the warranty being void but the company told me if I'm taking it in to audi they can flash it then re-flash it when audi are finished with it

I had stage 1 revo for a few weeks , very good map drives nice

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I was worried about the warranty being void but the company told me if I'm taking it in to audi they can flash it then re-flash it when audi are finished with it
Regardless of wether they flash it back to standard, it will still flag up as TD1 when Audi hook it up to there system. Be very careful. If you need more info just search TD1 there's loads of information on here.

The way I've always viewed this is to assume that your warranty will be invalid,and anything after that is a bonus.

The other thing you need to ensure is that your car doesnt have one of the early chocolate turbos.

The way I've always viewed this is to assume that your warranty will be invalid,and anything after that is a bonus.

The other thing you need to ensure is that your car doesnt have one of the early chocolate turbos.
which turbos?

I would worry doing business with this company, being dishonest at best.

Won't still flag a TD1 if the car is flashed back to stock prior to going in for any work. REVO keep a carbon copy of the original file/map on server which overlays the remap when replaced, yes there is always a chance something will be picked up so Alex above is correct, but it's unlikely at best...

Won't still flag a TD1 if the car is flashed back to stock prior to going in for any work. REVO keep a carbon copy of the original file/map on server which overlays the remap when replaced, yes there is always a chance something will be picked up so Alex above is correct, but it's unlikely at best...
Regardless of whether it's a carbon copy, the flash count will still be incorrect. REVO shouldn't be promising to keep the warranty intact when, like you say, there is a chance it will be picked up

Why just a few weeks @paulk?

My car is May 2015 so think Iv passed the turbo problems.

Prob not worth the money and chance of messing up the warranty doing this then

Regardless of whether it's a carbon copy, the flash count will still be incorrect. REVO shouldn't be promising to keep the warranty intact when, like you say, there is a chance it will be picked up
Flash count won't throw up a TD1... Totally different things.

Reactions: Agent57
eredy8as.jpg

Reactions: Agent57
Flash count won't throw up a TD1... Totally different things.
So if for some reason I had to take it into audi and Revo flashed it back to standard will audi not know and the warranty will still be valid

@Revo Steve-W can fill in the gaps. There's never any guarantee but there are ways to be as safe as possible. I've not remapped yet - had a Shark on my 8P but that was simpler. If in doubt call Steve and have a chat, he's really helpful and won't try and push anything down your throat.

Why just a few weeks @paulk?

My car is May 2015 so think Iv passed the turbo problems.

Prob not worth the money and chance of messing up the warranty doing this then
Stage 2 now

Reactions: ChrisB-90
My s3 is 2 month old clutch is slipping revo flashed it back to stock and no problems! Audi are replacing clutch they wipe the car back to the way it came out audi. So saying you wouldnt trust a dishonest garage is ludicrous!

I think more often than not it's a case of ones luck being pushed! Sometimes (although rarely) it depends on the dealership service department, some will turn a blind eye, some will give you the benefit of doubt and some (most) will mug you off at the slightest whiff of anything meaning they don't need to payout warranty claims. Not Audi I know but I used to have an Astra Vxr that I tuned and modified a fair bit, the turbo went and I was expecting to have to pay up for it but when I took it in to be repaired the guy dealing with me said "at least it's still within its warranty" I just kept my mouth shut and went with it and didn't pay a thing :)

As long as the car goes back in without the remap audi will pay out the warranty. Because at the end of the day the dealer does not pay it out there own pocket they actually claim it back from audi due to the vehicle being faulty in delivery to them was advised this on monday the need to find the fault or else they dont get paid.

Are REVO and APR able to flash back to stock if needed? I'm thinking about a remap soon. S3 was registered Sept 2013. Am I right in thinking this was before the turbo issues?

My s3 is 2 month old clutch is slipping revo flashed it back to stock and no problems! Audi are replacing clutch they wipe the car back to the way it came out audi. So saying you wouldnt trust a dishonest garage is ludicrous!
My car has done about 1500 miles revo stage 2 no problems but I expect to changd the clutch

Have you thought about a tuning box if your considering the remap causing a td1 code if you needing warranty work? I've always went for remaps but I'm considering the tuning box for this reason

My car has done about 1500 miles revo stage 2 no problems but I expect to changd the clutch
Only a few will have issues with clutch just the same as the 8p s3 mines has just been bad luck nothing more!

my revo stage 2+ killed my gti ed 30 clutch in about 30 seconds lol

If u stay near glasgow. Go into autotek at greenock they are a revo dealer robert is the boys name he will explain everything cant beat the service! They wont lie just to get money or push u away if theres problems! Revo flashed mine to stock no problem and i havent had warranty issues.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, ChrisB-90 and G-S3
my revo stage 2+ killed my gti ed 30 clutch in about 30 seconds lol

As recommend, for Stage 2+ fit an uprated Clutch. Yes if you have a low mileage or healthy factory clutch it should be ok for a while, depending what settings you run (Revo is 'Fully' adjustable, so can be turned down should you wish to save the clutch on a Stage 2+ with stock clutch), but to make the most of a manual car, it's just common sense to upgrade the clutch - http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-v-jetta/16/stage-2-plus/

@Revo Steve-W can fill in the gaps. There's never any guarantee but there are ways to be as safe as possible. I've not remapped yet - had a Shark on my 8P but that was simpler. If in doubt call Steve and have a chat, he's really helpful and won't try and push anything down your throat.

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes as I will always say we never know what will change tomorrow, however the fact is that we have over Revo 300 dealers around the world and have never seen a warranty claim rejected on a car that has been flashed back to stock prior to the warranty visit. in fact several seem to sneak though without doing so, but not something I'd advise and always air on the side of caution. Also remember that one of the reasons we buy V.A.G cars is that they're on the whole very reliable, so hopefully you'll never have this scenario.

All Revo dealers have a library of stock software files, so if they were able to Revo your car in the first place, then they'll also have a stock file for your vehicle too.

For any questions, feel free to email the office -
Technical - eurosupport@revotechnik.com
Sales - eurosales@revotechnik.com

Or pick up the phone or contact your local Revo dealer - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Reactions: xpoweruk
Dsg or manual?

@donovan2123 mines is manual and had audi replace fly wheel and clutch threw warranty div from revo has a dsg golf r and got his clutch done threw warranty with vw

Now counting 67000km with the S3 and the MTM.

I know an external box will never be as good as a remap but, the best way to have more power without warranty problems.

no problems with clutch or turbo.

Wouldn't it be better to buy another SIMO ECU upload the remap and the other one stock?

regards

Been driving my R mapped for 24k (not revo), hasn't missed a beat, wouldn't have one of these standard tbh.

Yep, truly missing out when running standard.
Our development cars have a very hard life on & off Track. Track days, 1/4 mile events, 170MPH+ runs at Bruntingthorpe where we have a development office too & they're also used daily for commuting by staff too (Stage 2 S3 currently sat on my driveway), we've never had a single mechanical issue whatsoever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 413
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
This thread is causing me to lean towards making the jump. Haha.

Think I'm airborne but yet to land !!

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I am getting increasingly tempted too.

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Rob2k68
It's on !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Forbzeeee
At first I was like 'nah I don't want to map it'

Then I was like 'dtuk will do'

Now I'm like, I want a new exhaust and stage 2! As soon as my nearest revo (50 mile away) can confirm he has new software and can get me in, I'm there for a stg1 whilst I save up for a system.

Reactions: batch, Revo Steve-W, Forbzeeee and 3 others