Revo Stage 1

I am looking at replacing fronts with EBC and redstuff pads. Thanks for the links!
I did the same but just rang them and paid the upgrade wasn't much to red stuffs

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Just got the 25% off voucher. If you read the small print it does not include hardware or stage upgrades :-( So guess stage 1+ is not included, shame :'(

It's only £50 upgrade from 1 - 1+ for Software, speak to dealer directly regarding the hardware as some dealers are doing deals, but remeber that all Revo dealers are independent. Thanks

Reactions: pez81
I purchased the S4 with the stage 1 map and Dsg so can't really compare to stock unless I use my sps and change the map, safe to say I haven't had the urge to turn it down! Car is seriously quick though and has so much torque. I added the Revo cai and the whine from the supercharger is addictive. I was at Quattro-Tech yesterday and they will sort out stage 1+ with software and power pulley for approx £340 fitted. Still undecided as car is quick at stage 1 and I need new discs.

Revo Stage 1+ is another level as others have said above, for the money it's a no brainer.

Reactions: ianv5, xpoweruk and pez81
WP_20151117_002.jpg

Couple that with the fact I hit 116-117MPH on a 1/4 mile & ya know you are making good power.
I just need a better clutch as @ the mo I can't launch hard on the 1/4 (had to go back to OE )

Reactions: pez81, ianv5 and Revo Steve-W
Get it done & experience it for yourself, no about of chatting or explaining will match actually driving and owning a Stage 1+ Revo'd 3.0TFSi* :)
*but only if said 3.0TFSI is more than 2 and a half years old. :(

*but only if said 3.0TFSI is more than 2 and a half years old. :(

Sorry, but yes frustrating when VAG suddenly completely change the ECU type on a model, not sure why they would of done this either given that the B9 was on the doorstep :(

If anyone else is wondering how to tell if you have a newer ECU and set up, if you look under the bonnet at the Supercharger pulley, the newer type cars have a bolt on pulley rather than interference fit.

Reactions: pez81 and xpoweruk
Steve, yes I am just venting my own frustration. However your comment makes me wonder when you and other tuners noticed the change. The CREC was introduced in May 2014 and now in Nov 2016 the first B9 S4s have still not yet been delivered in the UK. To me 2 and a half years ago was not with "the B9 on the doorstep". However isn't the reason they did it clear? They needed to meet EU6 emissions and so added the extra 6 fuel injectors and presumably that alone required a new ECU (assuming that there weren't 6 spare outputs on the previous ECU).

Its a real shame that with the B8 S4/S5 being probably one of the best "bank for the buck" Audis for tuning, possibly 25% of them can't be.

Reactions: pez81 and gary_a4_quattro
Steve, yes I am just venting my own frustration. However your comment makes me wonder when you and other tuners noticed the change. The CREC was introduced in May 2014 and now in Nov 2016 the first B9 S4s have still not yet been delivered in the UK. To me 2 and a half years ago was not with "the B9 on the doorstep". However isn't the reason they did it clear? They needed to meet EU6 emissions and so added the extra 6 fuel injectors and presumably that alone required a new ECU (assuming that there weren't 6 spare outputs on the previous ECU).

Its a real shame that with the B8 S4/S5 being probably one of the best "bank for the buck" Audis for tuning, possibly 25% of them can't be.
Unicorn first to crack it.

More like Flashtec cracked it and Unicorn bought the tool?

The ECU has actually been cracked by CMD and no other tuner at this stage. This then gives access to other tuners to be able to start development. This development should take months to get to a good level, I would be very sceptical about software that gets released within the next 6 months. I'd personally wait until a proven tuning company comes out with a complete software file which has had the testing and development time put into it.

Reactions: pez81 and Revo Steve-W
The ECU has actually been cracked by CMD and no other tuner at this stage. This then gives access to other tuners to be able to start development. This development should take months to get to a good level, I would be very sceptical about software that gets released within the next 6 months. I'd personally wait until a proven tuning company comes out with a complete software file which has had the testing and development time put into it.
I agree. First to the table doesn't always mean the best option. It's just good news it means this platform isn't dead. I had my doubts anyone would attempt it. Be interesting to see what the gains are compared to the previous ecu as the pulley is different

@Revo Steve-W

Will revo be doing a dual pulley file for the S4 ? or am I going to have to go to another tuner instead :(

@Revo Steve-W

Will revo be doing a dual pulley file for the S4 ? or am I going to have to go to another tuner instead :(
Your car is fast too if I remember. Trapping 117 was it? That's fast on 99ron. Yours with a dual pulley and race fuel would be a monster. Done anymore runs?

Your car is fast too if I remember. Trapping 117 was it? That's fast on 99ron. Yours with a dual pulley and race fuel would be a monster. Done anymore runs?

I do indeed trap 116-117 on the revo 1+ . Need an uprated clutch though,as I can't launch much over 2k at the mo (tried a eurocode one & it failed before break in was complete )
Looking at a SPEC stage 3+ this time around :)

I do indeed trap 116-117 on the revo 1+ . Need an uprated clutch though,as I can't launch much over 2k at the mo (tried a eurocode one & it failed before break in was complete )
Looking at a SPEC stage 3+ this time around :)
I don't see why you won't break 11s on your current setup with an uprated clutch your 60ft was over 1.8 wasn't it. Get that down to 1.6 or less and you're away. What other clutches are the US boys using?

I don't see why you won't break 11s on your current setup with an uprated clutch your 60ft was over 1.8 wasn't it. Get that down to 1.6 or less and you're away. What other clutches are the US boys using?

y 60ft was ha high 1.9 so plenty left in that
They all seem to be using JHM or Eurocode. Looking at clutches available I think the Spec 3+ is the one.It is rated at 595 ftlb & is a full faced clutch so easier as I use my car every day :)

They all seem to be using JHM or Eurocode. Looking at clutches available I think the Spec 3+ is the one.It is rated at 595 ftlb & is a full faced clutch so easier as I use my car every day :)
I'd go for that then is it rather expensive? I'd love to see your Revo monster run some really quick times. Your trap suggests it will. That trap does seem high for a stage 2 on pump and you're manual. Have you tried race gas or e85? Bet you'd hit 119+

I'd go for that then is it rather expensive? I'd love to see your Revo monster run some really quick times. Your trap suggests it will. That trap does seem high for a stage 2 on pump and you're manual. Have you tried race gas or e85? Bet you'd hit 119+

The clutch kit is around £850 plus import charges.
I used 3 litres of pure ethanol mixed in a full tank of 99 at the track,also I was on the revo 100ron file ( I have the SPS switch) so it was actually more like E10

Just looked at your slip 94mph on the 1/8th that's properly quick but your 60ft was 2.25 which is not so good. You're easily in for 11.8 on your current set up I reckon

Any logging with the pure ethanol?

@Revo Steve-W

We have cars running with dual pulleys and have been for some time now over in Russia. You'll see a little more torque, but top end around the same. Where are you located?

Reactions: xpoweruk and pez81
We have cars running with dual pulleys and have been for some time now over in Russia. You'll see a little more torque, but top end around the same. Where are you located?

Interesting stuff :)

I'm based in the UK (North West)

I agree. First to the table doesn't always mean the best option. It's just good news it means this platform isn't dead. I had my doubts anyone would attempt it. Be interesting to see what the gains are compared to the previous ecu as the pulley is different

I also agree somewhat, apart from the fact that the CREC is only an evolution of the V6T s/c, not a new design. The pulley is only different in the fact that it is bolt-on. The bigger difference is that the s/c has a clutch, but does that affect tuning? There have been changes to other parts of the engine such as the timing chains, but again do any of these changes affect tuning? The only thing I can see that could affect tuning is the addition of the 6 port fuel injectors. However I guess it depends how they are controlled. Do they have their own map or are they simply slaves to the main injectors? But even in the worse case I cannot imagine that for a tuner who is familiar with the previous engines, updating their maps for use with the CREC engine is going to be that much work.

Having waited 18 months so far I am prepared to wait a bit longer to get a decent tune. However now that Flashtec/CMD have cracked the SIMOS 16 I don't feel much like waiting another 18 months for Revo to release a package for the CREC engine...

I also agree somewhat, apart from the fact that the CREC is only an evolution of the V6T s/c, not a new design. The pulley is only different in the fact that it is bolt-on. The bigger difference is that the s/c has a clutch, but does that affect tuning? There have been changes to other parts of the engine such as the timing chains, but again do any of these changes affect tuning? The only thing I can see that could affect tuning is the addition of the 6 port fuel injectors. However I guess it depends how they are controlled. Do they have their own map or are they simply slaves to the main injectors? But even in the worse case I cannot imagine that for a tuner who is familiar with the previous engines, updating their maps for use with the CREC engine is going to be that much work.

Having waited 18 months so far I am prepared to wait a bit longer to get a decent tune. However now that Flashtec/CMD have cracked the SIMOS 16 I don't feel much like waiting another 18 months for Revo to release a package for the CREC engine...

The previous 3.0TFSi ECU was a Simos 8.5, the new ECU is a Simos 16, this is a completely different engine set up and ECU for a company who develops software to the level that we do at Revo, it's not just a few changes here and there to adapt, Revo is ECU I.D specific too, not a generic one fits all file, so we also need to wait for the stock files from VAG to build up the file library.

We are already into the new Simos 16 and there is work happening in the background, nothing we will share at this time as it's irrelevant other than that we're onto it and it's a priority. It won't be another 18 months, however at the same time it'll be ready when it's ready and that means a perfected Revo file that's been BETA tested globally prior to release, not tested on customers cars and then updated every few months due to issues.

If you're already familiar with Revo, you'll know the development well worth the wait. If we did anything other or lesser, then we'd become 'just another tuner' and that's not a road we'll be going down, we stick to what we know and have done for 15+ years and continue to release software at the top of the VAG tuning game time after time, a software we are proud to put the Revo name to.

Reactions: xpoweruk
As frustrating as it must be for PPL,I think that PPl will be more than happy with product when the revo file is released

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I'm about to pull the trigger on a stage1+ and gearbox map and have a few questions:
  • Will the blackfriday discount only apply to the stage1+ as you get £100 off the gearbox map if doing both?
  • Does the SPS only apply to the engine map in terms of factory default?
  • Is the SPS worth purchasing?
  • With the pulley fitted, does this make any difference to the standard map or will the ECU just bleed off the additional boost?
  • Does the gearbox map on its own increase power if it raises the rev limit?
  • Whats a reasonable labour cost for the fitting of the pulley?
  • What sort of power can be expected with no other mods?
Thanks,
Nick

What car are we talking about here SC B8 ?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a stage1+ and gearbox map and have a few questions:
  • Will the blackfriday discount only apply to the stage1+ as you get £100 off the gearbox map if doing both?
  • Does the SPS only apply to the engine map in terms of factory default? ....... Has three setting, stock form, low fuel quality, top grade fuel.
  • Is the SPS worth purchasing? ...... yes and no.... if you do not want the garage to know it's mapped then yes, that one time you are stuck and can only put bad supermarket fuel in yes.
  • With the pulley fitted, does this make any difference to the standard map or will the ECU just bleed off the additional boost? ..... Needs the matching map
  • Does the gearbox map on its own increase power if it raises the rev limit? No it's matched with the map
  • Whats a reasonable labour cost for the fitting of the pulley? Depends on the Labour rates of your tuner.
  • What sort of power can be expected with no other mods? impossible to say.
Thanks,
Nick

• Does the SPS only apply to the engine map in terms of factory default?
  • Is the SPS worth purchasing?
  • With the pulley fitted, does this make any difference to the standard map or will the ECU just bleed off the additional boost?
  • Does the gearbox map on its own increase power if it raises the rev limit?
  • Whats a reasonable labour cost for the fitting of the pulley?
  • What sort of power can be expected with no other mods?
Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Only one offer applicable at at time, so you'd get the 25% off both but not the £100 too.
SPS allows you to switch for fueling, so handy if you travel overseas etc or anywhere you'll struggle to get V-Power, other than that it offers a stock Mimic mode, but no requirement for the switch in reality on these ECU's other than fuel switching if useful to you.
The car would not run notably different to a stock car with the pulley and no software, although not sure why anyone would run a pulley without software and the pulley is also dealer supply/fit only.
No point having the gearbox software without the engine software, they work in harmony and make the car far more progressive and a much better driving experience, rather than power change.
For labour costs, speak to your local Revo dealer, rates can vary depending upon location, for example a London dealer verses one in Yorkshire.
Power, well it's all listed above in thread and on website, but as we say so many times, it's not about peak numbers it's about mid-range performance, driveability and consistent power, rather than a one off dyno pull or 1/4 mile run.

Do you know who your local Revo dealer is?

Regards, Steve

Thanks guys.

Is it dangerous if a mapped car is run on 95ron fuel or will the car be able to ****** the timing to compensate? For the sake of £100 it sounds like the flexibility of the SPS is worth it for me. Returning to stock might be useful for a dealer visit, but im guessing the pulley is a pretty easy giveaway!

My questions regarding the gearbox map and pulley pre engine map were whether this would allow the car to be completely returned to stock or if a comparative stock vs stage1+ dyno run could be carried out at a later date etc.

Understand that Revo are less concerned with peak numbers and i agree with that, i didnt actually spot the 395-409 (Stage 1) and the 409-442 (stage1+) on the site so thats useful and ive seen 450-500 talked about on here. Guessing its quite rare for a stage 1 car to make as much as 409 or a stage 1+ car to make as "little" as 409?

Yes, ive made contact with a local Revo dealer thanks.

Cheers,
Nick