Revo/Stage 2/Overrun

TomBlueS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I’d share, today I’ve been lucky enough to go Stage 2 Revo with overrun + TCU map.

Everyone says that Stage 1 is the biggest bang for buck and Stage 2 is only slightly improved - I find it the other way, Stage 1 was great but Stage 2 IS ABSOLUTELY MENTAL, plenty of low down torque and an aggressive animal when getting on it. I would give or take Stage 1 but I love Stage 2 and love the car more than ever.

Also the DSG/TCU map is brilliant, it seems to just work together with the map. The shifts are silky smooth and much faster/crisper.

The overrun is nice but is way more on the subtle side (which Revo state is more of a OEM+ then pops and bangs). I would prefer a much louder overrun however if may be louder on the outside and I’ve had a brand new Full Scorpion TBE so I’m not sure if this will get louder with time (it is a res version, I hate drone!).

Finally anyone in Lincolnshire, visit LouthVolksWorld - they are the real business and have done a fantastic job with my car and of course shout out to Revo who are worth every penny.

Any questions/queries feel free to ask :)

Reactions: oli356 and Leevr
Also just another thing about the TCU map, I can now actually use sport mode and enjoy it. I don’t know about others but I found the stock sport mode pointless/undrivable. Stock sport mode used to hold the gears for far to long and would only work if red lining every gear.

Where as Revo DSG map in sport mode actually works properly, it keeps you in a lower gear than drive mode so you are in the power band but it actually changes gears like drive mode dependent on throttle position. So you can use the power by being in a lower gear (fantastic coming out of corners etc) but don’t need to red line just to upshift (however if you floor the pedal then you can of course take it to the redline). It’s hard to explain but those that have it will understand.

I was really 50/50 before purchase with Revo’s DSG map as £600 is a lot of money for ‘just some increased clamping pressure’ which is why I originally went for the upgrade but it is just so much more than that.

I’d recommend a Revo DSG map all day long! (Even if you don’t want to go Stage 1 remap, just go Stage 1 DSG map, drivability is second to none*)

*I’m Stage 2 DSG map but I assume the drivability would be the same/similar.

Reactions: ohmyaudi
Any idea why the overrun is stage 2 only? I'm off to see @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. next week for a stage1 and thought I'd go for the DSG tune as well, quite an expense as you say but hopefully worth it if similar to what you have done. You're right, sport mode is too ridiculous unless red lining every gear.. Rick can also do an overrun map, so going to try this out, exhaust is stock apart from res delete and valves controllable, I just want something that sounds quite OEM, similar to the facelift but maybe a bit more on overrun, give the PFL some sound! Just don't want to sound like an AK47....

Reactions: John Edward
Any idea why the overrun is stage 2 only? I'm off to see @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. next week for a stage1 and thought I'd go for the DSG tune as well, quite an expense as you say but hopefully worth it if similar to what you have done. You're right, sport mode is too ridiculous unless red lining every gear.. Rick can also do an overrun map, so going to try this out, exhaust is stock apart from res delete and valves controllable, I just want something that sounds quite OEM, similar to the facelift but maybe a bit more on overrun, give the PFL some sound! Just don't want to sound like an AK47....

Good choice with Unicorn, they are another trusted name in the business! I believe overrun is only available for S2 as you need to be running a decat or sports cat for S2. Overrun is likely to seriously deteriorate the efficiency/lifespan of a stock cat.

Yeah with Rick being custom I’m sure he can adjust the overrun to suit your preference. I’d love the AK47 style however after about 1 day I’d probably detest it - the grown up/subtle overrun Revo over is sporty/would expect it as OEM without being to much.

(If Rick is giving you overrun on stock cat then he may only be doing it slightly as to not effect the stock cat or I’ve heard of some tubers using some sort of thermal wizardry that doesn’t damage cats - after all some cars AMG, FL RS3 etc have overrun as standard)

Good luck and hope you enjoy your map!

Yeah I wondered if you needed a decat, I don't realy want to kill my cat ... :) (nor get a decat)
Another user said some thermal stuff is used, so will see ... even the FL S3 has some crackles right on downshifts etc, so always wondered what changed between PF and FL!

Glad you are enjoyng stage 2 now though :D

Reactions: TomBlueS3
I've got pretty extreme pops and bangs from unicorn with stage 1, standard exhaust with res delete. I wanted something relatively OEM but came out with more AK47 but love it! However I'm not sure if it's damaging the cat or not. Will find out at next MOT.

Here's a clip of some drive bys:

Reactions: TomBlueS3
Had this for a few weeks now I like it hahaha.

Sorry to revive but does anyone know if anyone else does a stage 1 crackle map without decatting/sports cat? Would love to go to Unicorn but its a few hours drive so somewhere near near london would be ideal.

thanks

I believe that over run pops and bangs will eventually destroy the stock cat. Sports cat / no cat is different hence why its usually only a stage 2 feature.

Sorry to revive but does anyone know if anyone else does a stage 1 crackle map without decatting/sports cat? Would love to go to Unicorn but its a few hours drive so somewhere near near london would be ideal.

thanks
Hi mate do you have a stage 1 map already.

Thanks, i don't have stage 1 atm just waiting for my warranty to end this year. But i have seen unicorn do a stage 1 pops map and consodering new FL cars also do it with stock cat etc i thought it was just a mattee of tuning within safe params

Thanks, i don't have stage 1 atm just waiting for my warranty to end this year. But i have seen unicorn do a stage 1 pops map and consodering new FL cars also do it with stock cat etc i thought it was just a mattee of tuning within safe params
My remapping agents are in Maidstone and they have a rolling road if your interested.

I’ve put my standard cat back on an the pops and bangs are gone... well I can’t hear them, very quiet.