Revo vs other maps?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I have a local Revo mapper in Bridgend (Got Boost) who quoted £425.00 to map my A3 8V from 150bhp to nearly 200bhp

I am not getting a box, I just dont trust them and plus they are pretty much the same price.

Are there any other map brands to look for that I may be able to get quite close ?

I have heard revo are pretty good and I cannot afford mtm or Abt.

Do you think its worthwhile for £425.00 and safe for a standard A3 2014 2.0TDI Sport

Revo are decent enough. The car will feel quite a bit quicker. 200 break isnt a silly amount of power from a 2.0 diesel. Assuming the clutch holds up (if a manual) it should be OK. Expect some traction problems in lower gears and especially in the wet.

No one can say its safe, its always a risk, but on paper it shouldn't be too much of a risk. Don't forget to factor in the hike in your insurance premium too.

I will be upgrading the clutch if it goes not an issue. I just paid 250 for a massive service and a family friend said the car is solid and no mechanical issues, obviously that can change.
I just feel the car has so much more in her than 150bhp.

Just did a 150 to 195 dyno tested tune on my car. (the map is dyno tested) And the car feels much faster. And if you can keep your right foot under control, it gets 20km/liter on average. Not bad for 200hp.

i use it only for stoplight sprint and the car is faster than the GTD golf. (tested and yes, you need to switch gear fast)

Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

In the Netherlands not really. But who can tell?

I work in Admiral Insurance claims
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Thanks Dan
I work in Admiral Claims so I know we cover the stage 1 and stage 2 mods as long as they are not illegal.
The price is another question.

Reactions: N.J.H