Facelift RHD Turbo Inlet Question

huzidada

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im one of those people that live in the part of the world where we drive Right Hand Drive cars.
I know 4 inch Turbo inlets wont work because of brake booster.

How much less power do I have and 1/4 miles time be affected by this and is there no way to get a 4inch to fit?

Hey guys. Im one of those people that live in the part of the world where we drive Right Hand Drive cars.
I know 4 inch Turbo inlets wont work because of brake booster.

How much less power do I have and 1/4 miles time be affected by this and is there no way to get a 4inch to fit?

Just get a 3.5” Forge one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Options are the Forge 3.5" £200, Unitronic 3" £300 and Eventuri 4" £600. For increases, the Forge and Unitronic looks similar in terms of improvements, Eventuri claim significantly more.

I've got the Forge on right now and have a Uni 3" to gonna fit and run a few benchmarks against. I am intrigued by the Eventuri as they claim increases above the competitors 4" products, but at £600 I'm not game for that at the mo!

Forge and Eventuri can be used with hybrid turbo's (they have adapters), Uni is only for stock.

Worth noting that the Eventuri 4" states 6% loss for the RHD version as it is shaped to prevent contact with the brake booster, which is as good as it gets for us.

Reactions: domino_z, 8YARWY and huzidada
Options are the Forge 3.5" £200, Unitronic 3" £300 and Eventuri 4" £600. For increases, the Forge and Unitronic looks similar in terms of improvements, Eventuri claim significantly more.

I've got the Forge on right now and have a Uni 3" to gonna fit and run a few benchmarks against. I am intrigued by the Eventuri as they claim increases above the competitors 4" products, but at £600 I'm not game for that at the mo!

Forge and Eventuri can be used with hybrid turbo's (they have adapters), Uni is only for stock.

Worth noting that the Eventuri 4" states 6% loss for the RHD version as it is shaped to prevent contact with the brake booster, which is as good as it gets for us.
I love this, very informative. I just spoke to Eventuri and they reckon they so close to the LHD version its crazy, but so is the price!
I didnt know the Uni couldnt do TTE turbo for example, but yeah it looks just as good as the Forge, especially size wise.
You think it would be easier to make some sort of fix for the RHD cars but alas its a bit sad. Hopefully finally makes us a 4ish inch inlet that doesnt involve selling a kidney

There is a cast RHD turbo inlet coming soon from Revo , might be worth taking a look at.

Reactions: huzidada and martin lo
Nice find Dan! The shape doesn't look flow friendly, I'm sure some figures will come out with the release. If it does improve on Uni/Forge and makes for a straight fit to other 4" pipes without the need for a separate transition, at a much lower price than Eventuri, it could be worth looking at.

Yeah looking at it, not gonna be as good as Eventuri, but definitely an upgrade to the Uni and maybe the Forge

RHD here too, I went with the forge inlet with their hardpipe to use with stock air box

Half of my decision to go forge inlet was because I also wanted to run their hardpipe and have it all pair up easily

I like the look of the eventuri 4” but don’t think you need to go that big unless you’re upgrading turbo

I decided on the unitronic.

I’ll do a fitting write up once I get the chance.

IMG 9205

IMG 9204

Will it pair up, the forge is 3.5” at inlet and unitronic is 3”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will it pair up, the forge is 3.5” at inlet and unitronic is 3”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup adaptor I currently use fits the Uni inlet as it’s same Dia at the pipe end.

It’s the inside onwards that’s widened out.

Fitted tonight.
IMG 9275

Reactions: D0C
RHD here too, I went with the forge inlet with their hardpipe to use with stock air box

Half of my decision to go forge inlet was because I also wanted to run their hardpipe and have it all pair up easily

I like the look of the eventuri 4” but don’t think you need to go that big unless you’re upgrading turbo

Which panel filter are you running in the airbox?

Did you notice an increase in intake noise with the forge inlet and hard pipe? Any power difference?

Thx

Which panel filter are you running in the airbox?

Did you notice an increase in intake noise with the forge inlet and hard pipe? Any power difference?

Thx
I have inlet and hard pipes with panel filter. If there is an increase in noise then it is minimal.

Lots of dyno runs of cars with and without those parts. They seem to give about an extra 10hp.

Hi
I have inlet and hard pipes with panel filter. If there is an increase in noise then it is minimal.

Lots of dyno runs of cars with and without those parts. They seem to give about an extra 10hp.

Thanks for the reply

I’m torn between this option or the 3” integrated turbo inlet with the CTS 4” cold air intake

I think the intake noise of the CTS has me sold.....

Will the Forge turbo inlet fit with my existing 4" CTS intake? Looking for options to suit RHD

Ended up selling my forge parts and went stage 3 eventuri intake + eventuri inlet

Zero issues with fitment, and sounds great, just enough spool without being open pod loud

My forge inlet causes an annoying vibration through my break pedal, MRC said it’s just a tight fit and can rub on the break servo. Felt like this should’ve been mentioned before I got it fitted with my stage 1 map lol

I have the forge elbow and hard pipe and a BMC filter. I ran back to back on the dyno with another stage 2 car being tuned with an eventuri intake and forge elbow and it made 7hp more iirc. Given the price difference I'm happy enough with the forge setup, but if you have deep pockets its a beautiful piece of kit. The forge setup does allow a bit more turbo noise than stock, but nowhere near what you will get from the eventuri which has a lot of presence and does sound great.

No fitment issues with the forge elbow here, though on a particularly hard launch I did get clunk though the firewall that I think may have been the elbow touching. Hasn't happen since, and there is a bit of room between the booster. Id get the same setup if I had it to. do again, and it seems to perform well.

Reactions: thatrscar
I have the forge elbow and hard pipe and a BMC filter. I ran back to back on the dyno with another stage 2 car being tuned with an eventuri intake and forge elbow and it made 7hp more iirc. Given the price difference I'm happy enough with the forge setup, but if you have deep pockets its a beautiful piece of kit. The forge setup does allow a bit more turbo noise than stock, but nowhere near what you will get from the eventuri which has a lot of presence and does sound great.

No fitment issues with the forge elbow here, though on a particularly hard launch I did get clunk though the firewall that I think may have been the elbow touching. Hasn't happen since, and there is a bit of room between the booster. Id get the same setup if I had it to. do again, and it seems to perform well.

Was the eventuri intake the gen1 or gen2 (4")?

Considering the forge turbo inlet is 3.5" I am not sure how it will work with my 4" CTS intake

Was the eventuri intake the gen1 or gen2 (4")?

Considering the forge turbo inlet is 3.5" I am not sure how it will work with my 4" CTS intake

It was a 4" (the latest version) and we both have forge I/C and Miltek de-cat downpipe so was good to see the 2 intake setups compared. I can't recall if the forge elbow comes with a 3.5" to 4" adapter elbow, but that's what you will need I'd guess?

My forge inlet causes an annoying vibration through my break pedal, MRC said it’s just a tight fit and can rub on the break servo. Felt like this should’ve been mentioned before I got it fitted with my stage 1 map lol

Please have this looked at, this is no good. You will damage your brake servo! It could either be the inlet or there is a sheet steel bracket that holds the brake oil reservoir that may be touching the inlet. I just cut 5mm off the sheet steel and the vibration stopped

Reactions: Roxman87 and 8YARWY
Please have this looked at, this is no good. You will damage your brake servo! It could either be the inlet or there is a sheet steel bracket that holds the brake oil reservoir that may be touching the inlet. I just cut 5mm off the sheet steel and the vibration stopped
Is it easy enough to locate and do? Or is it best to take it to a local garage?

Reactions: Wrighty993
Random question from another RHD owner, how long does it take to swop out the inlet and hardpipe? Just thinking about keeping my warranty clear of any modifications and to put it back to stock when going into the garage for anything.

Random question from another RHD owner, how long does it take to swop out the inlet and hardpipe? Just thinking about keeping my warranty clear of any modifications and to put it back to stock when going into the garage for anything.
Would set aside a good hour and a half.

Reactions: BI33 and randy4

How handy are you with tools, if doing from up top the bottom bolt on inlet is tough and you will need a compact ratchet to get to it.

If all goes well, 1.5-2 hrs... if not so well allow 3-4

Yes please mate that would be ideal

2c40ba37bd006e2a41c60316ac669d01.jpg

1 bolt circled in yellow will allow bracket to be removed

Where red arrow is may require cutting to avoid turbo inlet

When you look, is it touching the turbo inlet?

Reactions: Roxman87