Right decision !

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
This is tempting fate but I'm happy with my decision on the S1 gave up on a 62 plate fully loaded manual M135i so it needed to be right !

First tried one back in September last year at Harrogate Audi, they had a cracking S1 sepang blue, fully loaded with pan roof, they got it out of the showroom unregistered for me to have a go, when I went to look at something else and that didnt work out ! Had really only had the BMW a few months so wasnt ready to chop it in yet, and spend another big wad on a whim...was seriously blown away by the S1 though, what a car

Since then the idea was planted, but by the time I was ready that one had done its 90 days and was sold !

So I looked and looked everywhere for a pan roof....in the end gave up and went Sportback

yeah got a few rattles which might have to go back in for further examination

The ride is awesome, proper little head turner for those in the know

Wasnt ready to go back to S tronic enjoying the manual, had tried most of the competition....Golf R, Golf Gti performance pack, S3 and was uncertain about the MQB platform, a bit too clinical....too insulated, had previously enjoyed the S3 8P S tronic which was fairly raucous for me at the time. Also have a 1989 mk2 golf gti small bumper 3 door with sunroof...keep that one in the garage !

Anyway if youre thinking S1 get yourself a test drive, you wont be disappointed, any advice needed please ask

Attachments

• 2015-01-14 18.34.53.jpg
    2015-01-14 18.34.53.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 746
  • 2015-01-14 18.35.14.jpg
    2015-01-14 18.35.14.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 462
  • HighResImage (4).jpg
    HighResImage (4).jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 428
  • 2015-01-16 13.25.49.jpg
    2015-01-16 13.25.49.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 424
  • DSCF5544_zpsf054e3a6.jpg
    DSCF5544_zpsf054e3a6.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
PS bit harsh about the S3 8V had a few test drives but for some reason could never find the right one, also was gutted re my S3 8P and at one point had a real downer on all things Audi, hence going back to BMW....who knows what I will have in 6 months !

Those have to be the busiest BMW wheels I've ever seen! I do miss my 135i, but only for the top down aspect, the S1 is much better is all other ways!

Those have to be the busiest BMW wheels I've ever seen! I do miss my 135i, but only for the top down aspect, the S1 is much better is all other ways!

They were the 18 inch winter wheels and tyres £1800 worth ! ****** awful runflats supplied by BMW long story but I didnt pay £1800 for them....one of the reasons the car had to go, pain in the !

I used to have a MK2 Golf GTi, one of the best cars I ever owned even though it was in a bit of a state when I got rid of it, it was still a great drive, your lucky to have one in your garage. Was it a sportback S1 you bought and how are you getting on with it? I wanted to do a trip to France when I get my one and wondered if there's enough room in the boot to chuck a full size spare in, just for that trip?

If you took the parcel shelf out a spare would definitely fit standing up. It would be tight getting it in laying flat though.

Thought it may not fit. Will have to wait n see, that's the only drawback I could think of with the car. I could get away with no spare in England but any country that doesn't have english as a main language n I'm stuffed so will just have to lose some space and put one in wherever it will fit. I havnt had a puncture for years but when I get a car with no spare I can see it happening. What about a roof Rack? Haha.

I would get a compact and put it in the rear footwell. Will at least get you to a tyre shop.

Yes, good call, but had a 928 porche years ago and got a flat on the M1 and always remember all the cars flying past me with people pointing and laughing as it was a space saver and looked ridiculous compared to the other big wheels and I could only go at 50mph, a shameful experience. France is a big place, the city's are fine but didn't want to drive untold miles on a space saver hunting for a garage, all at a snails pace. It should be ok as there's only me and a young lady going, thinking about it though, she not young and she's no lady. Two of us going anyway, I could put the spare on her lap.

Reactions: josedebardi
Yes, good call, but had a 928 porche years ago and got a flat on the M1 and always remember all the cars flying past me with people pointing and laughing as it was a space saver and looked ridiculous compared to the other big wheels and I could only go at 50mph, a shameful experience. France is a big place, the city's are fine but didn't want to drive untold miles on a space saver hunting for a garage, all at a snails pace. It should be ok as there's only me and a young lady going, thinking about it though, she not young and she's no lady. Two of us going anyway, I could put the spare on her lap.

Yes Porsche owners do have a terrible reputation dont they, thats what has stopped me so far !

Maybe if you deflated it a bit and took a pump ! Is that really for your blow up doll or spare wheel and tyre ?

VW golf mk2 gti 16v good car, built them too well, get your hands on one while they are still affordable !

Will PM you a link to another forum re the boot

Do you mind sir! The tinted windows I ordered are a must as it makes her look real, it's great! Everyone thinks I've actually got a girlfriend. The 928 was a bit boring but looked the part, remember taking it in for a service and on collection was given a £2k bill, what's this I said, oh, it's £800 for the service and parts and we noticed the tyres were worn and knew you would want us to change them, £1200. It went shortly after that, I couldn't afford to run one of those. After that bought a 350SL merc, another expensive boring vehicle, the list goes on, haha. My girlfriends cheap to run though. Thanks for the info will check it out, how are getting on with your car?

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Just read the link you sent and They were talking about standard A1s, the S1 has even less space and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can not fit any spare in the boot but will check when I pick the car up next month. That's the only minus point I could think of with the S1, se la vie. ( I can't spell in English or French ) thanks Alex.

Do you mind sir! The tinted windows I ordered are a must as it makes her look real, it's great! Everyone thinks I've actually got a girlfriend. The 928 was a bit boring but looked the part, remember taking it in for a service and on collection was given a £2k bill, what's this I said, oh, it's £800 for the service and parts and we noticed the tyres were worn and knew you would want us to change them, £1200. It went shortly after that, I couldn't afford to run one of those. After that bought a 350SL merc, another expensive boring vehicle, the list goes on, haha. My girlfriends cheap to run though. Thanks for the info will check it out, how are getting on with your car?

Ha ha yeah high maintenance cars are no good if they are also boring ! Same applies to partners or friends !

Yep, quattro diff takes the spare wheel well up.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
My dealer claimed they could get a wheel in there somewhere. I fail to see how.
Although I have the bose so I've lost all the space under the floor anyway lol.
Might have to get a small spare in the boot tbh. What size could you get away with?

Maybe they thought your passengers will like it on their lap!? You may get away with a deflated compact wheel laying flat in the boot. But you'll never fit a full size in there.

Have moved on to an S3 sportback mythos black with black styling pack, my brief and rather expensive encounter with the little terrier is over !

Attachments

• HighResImage (28).jpg
    HighResImage (28).jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 350