Right hand turn knock

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
Before swapping the front suspension i had a singular clunk on the left, i believe, as the suspension loaded up turning right on a roundabout.

Anyway, i thought I'd cured that fault by replacing all the front suspension arms, drop links and trackrod ends, but it seems not.

Im now wondering what else it could be? Only thing i can think of is either the subfrane bushes or the shock top mounts.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers

Before swapping the front suspension i had a singular clunk on the left, i believe, as the suspension loaded up turning right on a roundabout.

Anyway, i thought I'd cured that fault by replacing all the front suspension arms, drop links and trackrod ends, but it seems not.

Im now wondering what else it could be? Only thing i can think of is either the subfrane bushes or the shock top mounts.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers
Look at engine mounts

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Any clues on what to look out for? I have noticed one seems to look like its weeped slightly
OE dont last for long and do leak badly once started .
You'll also get a lot of vibes with them failing.
I did both mine earlier this year as they were totally shot, passenger side mount had dropped a lot.
staining down the lower sides is classic sign of failed or failing mounts.
just to give you advanced warning Alex, the passenger side is easy to do, drivers side is a total pig of a job, but change the pair in one go.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
not sure the mounts would be to blame for the clonking on full lock but if they are failing change anyway.
My inner drive shaft joints were really worn and were causing clonking on full left lock, all sorted now though.

Mountfix4
Mountfix2
Mountix3

If you do change them you will need something like this deep socket of suitable diameter to insert in the base of the engine mount plate to hold everything lined up when refitting.
there is a special tool but i had this old deep socket that was a perfect fit.
Mountfix1

have you replaced the shock top mounts at all , they have been known to be a cause at low speed turning under load.

The problem with clonking around the front end is that finding the fault can be very difficult, but as you have already replaced numerous parts you have reduced the areas to look at by a fair bit.
Maybe do the mounts first and see how things progress, it's not a wasted fix as they are in need of changing anyway if leaking, you either solve the problem or not, but you have rectified another problem along the way.

Its mainly a singular knock when throwing it into a roundabout, at fairly spirited speeds. I do also get an annoying rattle sounding knock when setting off as the engine is under load when getting rolling, could also be related to the mounts?