Ring trip 2010 (April 2nd - Carfreitag)

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just got back from a great trip to the ring. As a Ring virgin it was as much about familiarisation as it was about posting hero laps.

One word. Wow!

In summary, I've just come out of hospital, and needed a 'pick me up' to make life seem a little rosier.

Travelled over to Calais on 1st April, then on to the Ring on the 2nd (convoying with a mate from SEATCUPRA.net).

Got there at lunchtime hoping (as it was early season start) it would be quiet. Absolutely rammed!!!

We both booked 2 laps each @ €22 each, and we ended up waiting until late afternoon to get the laps as the place was packed (more with cruisers and onlookers than with actual drivers).

Sat in on my mates first lap (he did it as a sighting lap for us): LINK

Then went out on one of our own: LINK

Stayed local to the Ring in our hotel (Zur Burg), and had a fantastic evening meal at Restaurant Pistenklaus on the Friday night (steak ****** on a hot stone DIY style!). Our hotel was right next to Sabine's guest house, but unfortunately we didn't see her.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Only stopped the day at the Ring, before heading down to Porsche Museum in Stuttgart:

web.jpg

web.jpg

and then the Mercedes museum (also in Stuttgart):

web.jpg

web.jpg

Finally ended up going via Strasbourg, and back to Calais then home. Even the ferry cancellation couldn't dampen our spirits!!

To anyone sat on the fence, whilst this is not a cheap thrill, I can't recommend it highly enough. You'll get to see some amazing cars, have a fantastic experience, and come away feeling incredibly enriched for the experience (providing you don't breakdown or crash!!).

It's gutting to be back really, but it's something that will live with me forever. Needless to say I'll be doing it again in the future.

Sounds and looks fantastic Warren. I too have never been to the ring and would really like to go one day and your write up just makes me want to go more!

Updated video in iMovie to make it a bit more interactive!

Last edited by a moderator: