rip off Postal service

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
You ever get that feeling that the post office charge to much for sending things via them , well I got well caught out today when I was posting 4 car mats , wrapped them up nicely for the new buyer checked out post office web site and got a price for sending 2nd class under 2kg it was less than £3 what a bargain I thought until I got to post office and cashier weight them just over 2kg and a price off £12. something , so I said to the cashier I would take them back home and split them .
Well sure enough I toddled back to my flat split them and wrapped them up nicely again and then headed to the post office thinking I will now be able to send them both for less than £6 as now both are under 2kg but low and behold I was charged less than £12 something new price was £10 and when I asked why it was that price after the 2 parcels where less than a kilo the cashier said they are now classed as medium size which makes them £5 each so morale off this Rant is try as hard as you can to reduce size and weight off mats before sending as they will cost you a lot , might be worth remembering this if you selling on Ebay .