Rising used car prices.

Chris4410

I think it's affected by area as well as mine has risen again to 18k after dropping to £17250. Considering I bought it for £19600 2 1/2 years ago and put 20k on the clock I'm chuffed , 15 months time my balloon payment is £8650 and the car is mine .

All things suggest this is a temporary situation, likely to last another 18 months. So by the time your balloon payment is due, the value of your car is more than likely going to be back to normal levels.

george forbes

All things suggest this is a temporary situation, likely to last another 18 months. So by the time your balloon payment is due, the value of your car is more than likely going to be back to normal levels.
Still indicates I'm going to make a tidy profit instead of the usual loss as it's not going to lose 10k

Keano04

Still indicates I'm going to make a tidy profit instead of the usual loss as it's not going to lose 10k

You’d hope it wouldn’t but things are mad currently…

Prices are very inflated so if that bubble bursts, it could be a significant change in price!

I need an estate for the doggo and have been tracking used 330d prices for over a year - in that time my sorta spec has risen by around £8-10k but for older cars with higher mileage…. Newer cars have risen even more.

I am holding out as the prices will drop when new production starts to catch-up again.

Chris4410

What the prices are today, will be very different in 18 months time. There are a number of factors driving the value of used cars up at the moment, when these factors no longer exist prices will adjust again back to normal levels. I wouldn‘t expect big profits, if any in around 12 to 18 months. Unless of course you are sitting on a rare car.

george forbes

What the prices are today, will be very different in 18 months time. There are a number of factors driving the value of used cars up at the moment, when these factors no longer exist prices will adjust again back to normal levels. I wouldn‘t expect big profits, if any in around 12 to 18 months. Unless of course you are sitting on a rare car.
My car is rare as in the fact it hasn't been abused and the bodywork is mint.full detail

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

george forbes

Ok not rare but all detailing is done by me the owner which is quite different from a company supplying a service. Lots of love has been given

Chris4410

Ok not rare but all detailing is done by me the owner which is quite different from a company supplying a service. Lots of love has been given

I loved mine enough to pay a professional detailed to look after mine, does this make mine even more valuable and rarer:glee:

NevMan

Well known member
I loved mine enough to pay a professional detailed to look after mine, does this make mine even more valuable and rarer:glee:

That is funny tbf

AlS3BE

Sorry guys, your love has no monetary value when it comes to cars :wink: :wink:

S32B

Expect prices to stay the same for a while, I work in a car factory and we are off now until 4th October due to parts shortages! We had a week off 3 weeks back and they expect more between Oct-Jan. Luckily we still get paid when we are off :)

Chris4410

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
The market is well and truly crazy….

I recently sold my Focus to WBAC for £19,250.
I bought it in Sept 2019 for £20,329
Now for sale on Cinch for £20,950!

£600 more than what it cost new and almost £10,000 miles on the clock.

Attachments

• 78C4C3C5-B4E1-44C9-874F-9FADDAAFEA64.png
    78C4C3C5-B4E1-44C9-874F-9FADDAAFEA64.png
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 287D766F-D091-4827-B201-2E040B627171.png
    287D766F-D091-4827-B201-2E040B627171.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19