RNS-D help...

dorsetlad

Reaction score
Hi all, have just picked up an RNS-D and have read about the TMC tuner. Does anyone know where it's located? I know I need a GPS antenna, but is there anything else required in order to get it up and running? Cheers

Is your car got bose? Probably need one of these, you might get more help in the in car entertainment section the people in that section are well clued up on these

the TMC (navigation interface - R94) lives behind the drivers storage compartment on the centre console carrier according to Elsawin

If you contact a company called kufatec and tell them what stereo you have at the moment, they will supply you with a loom to fit your rnsd, I'm in the middle of doing this at the moment, the tmc is connected to the can hi/lo on the rnsd, and then connected to can hi/lo on the terminals on the back of the speedo

Thanks for the help. I may go back and try and locate the tmc. Am I correct in thinking this just allows nav display on the dash?

Car is currently non bose but it's a consideration to retro fit it.

Starting to think I've bitten off more than I can chew! Will definitely be asking the entertainment guys when I come to wire it all in. Couldn't see an option on kufatec for the rns-d but may drop them an email. Have you just got the nav, tmc and a gps antenna dusty?

Personally I wouldn't retro got Bose it ain't that good there's better after market speakers out there

Thanks for the help. I may go back and try and locate the tmc. Am I correct in thinking this just allows nav display on the dash?

Car is currently non bose but it's a consideration to retro fit it.

Starting to think I've bitten off more than I can chew! Will definitely be asking the entertainment guys when I come to wire it all in. Couldn't see an option on kufatec for the rns-d but may drop them an email. Have you just got the nav, tmc and a gps antenna dusty?

Yes the tmc allows the directions to be displayed on the dis, you don't need a tmc the nav will still work without it, yes I have the nav,tmc and gps antenna, the antenna can be purchased off eBay quite cheap

If you haven't already got one, you will need a double din centre console and heater controls, the single din heater controls can be used but you will need to trim the sides to get it to fit in the double din console as it sits lower down