RNS-E 2007 disc

simonwjones

Reaction score
As anyone in the stoke area had any joy with getting the free 2007 dvd fot the RNS-E from any of the local dealers?

Have just spoke to Crewe Audi and get the same rubbish about offer ended at end of Dec 2006 for the A6. But if you send me a copy of the email from Tom Peterkin saying the A6 is covered and your registration number we will look into it.

Obviously when they see my registration number they will see that my car was not factory fitted with the RNSE

Cheers

Simon

I sent a message to Tom Peterkin and heres his reply

Hi Simon,

The TMC upgrade for the A6 is not and has never been FOC, as a technical upgrade is required before the DVD will operate. If you contact your local Audi centre they will inform you as to the cost of labour for this action. If you are prepared to pay this amount I will pay for the DVD. Assuming that you are in agreement with my offer, please show this email to the centre so that they can then claim for the cost for the DVD please.

Any further issues please do not hesitate contact me.

Regards

Tom Peterkin

Customer Services Operations Mgr.

Audi Aftersales & Service

Direct Line: 01908 601627

Fax: 01908 601281

E Mail: thomas.peterkin@audi.co.uk

Anybody know what update he's on about

cheers

Simon

Its just a reset of the system to load the new software, nothing too technical!

Is this not done when the new disk is loaded and the firmware updated.

If not any idea what cost is invloved with this

Cheers

Simon

Doesnt involve any labour on the dealers part. You simply insert the 2007 disc into the RNS-E and let it load the update, mine took about ten minutes.

Had the same aggro trying to get the DVD out of my dealer, gave up in the end and contacted a guy over on www.tyresmoke.net and he posted the new discs to me for no cost (He works for an Audi dealer), I think his user name was 'nelsonA3sline'

Mine was factory fitted though, As you have a retro-fit I think you may be on shaky ground but could be worth a PM or a long read of the 55 page thread on TSN about this.

Or you could always get someone to run you a copy? plenty of info regarding this over on www.navplus.us

Cheers Issac

has you can see from my second post, Ive had a email back from Tom Perkin from Audi saying he will pay for the cost of the CD if I pay the dealer for the cost of the "Technical Upgrade".

I was under the impression that it was only a case of inserting and the RNSE would do an upgrade, a reboot and then carry on. Like you said a 10 minute job.

All I need to do now is take the email down to the local dealer and show it them, say I'll do the "technical Update" myself and see what happens.

Ive read all the theads regarding this on TSN and Navplus and I thionk this is the first time ive seen it in writing from Audi that they will honour the upgrade on an A6.

My original email clearly stated the model and age of the car, and that was the reponse form Tom

heres the extract out of my original email

"I have been driving Audi for the last 15 years and recently changed again and purchased a 2002 A6 2.5TDI Sport.

As usual I'm very pleased with it.

This car came fitted with an RNS-E and an Audi Bluetooth module. Again an amazing piece of equipment."

excuse the ballsh!t grovel, but it provided the correct results.

Even though I never said the RNSE was retrofitted, I clearly stated the model and age. Working for Audi he should be aware that this model NEVER came with RNSE as a factory option ( dont think it was even in production in 2002) and as such has to have been a retrofit.

I'll keep everyone informed as to the outcome, but unless someone tells me otherwise I think its the first time that they have stated they will do the upgrade for A6's and retrofit in writing.

If anyone wants me to forward a copy of the email from Tom, let me know

Cheers

Simon

Tell the dealer you want to watch them perform the 'technical upgrade', should make them think twice about about charging you for labour to watch a DVD updating!

I have heard some dealers say the car needs to be connected to the diagnostic machine. As we know this is complete nonsense so just keep on at them and they should sort it out for you. Discs are well worth the upgrade, especially the activation of the TMC feature.

He is confusing your car with the C6 chassis from 2005 onwards that did require an update of the MMI.

simonwjones said:
I sent a message to Tom Peterkin and heres his reply

Hi Simon,

The TMC upgrade for the A6 is not and has never been FOC, as a technical upgrade is required before the DVD will operate. If you contact your local Audi centre they will inform you as to the cost of labour for this action. If you are prepared to pay this amount I will pay for the DVD. Assuming that you are in agreement with my offer, please show this email to the centre so that they can then claim for the cost for the DVD please.

Any further issues please do not hesitate contact me.

Regards

Tom Peterkin

Customer Services Operations Mgr.

Audi Aftersales & Service

Direct Line: 01908 601627

Fax: 01908 601281

E Mail: thomas.peterkin@audi.co.uk

Anybody know what update he's on about

cheers

Simon

cheers Craig

exactly what I thought. How are you anyway?

Is the email from Tom any use to you

Simon

I'm fine thanks, the letter is no good to me, I knew the A6/A8 TMC upgrade had ended in December. I can do the upgrade myself for TMC and the customer can buy their own DVD.

Just a quick update

I took the email down to Stoke Audi and they said no problem, came back with the disk and said "sorry we will have to charge you, as we need to do an update to the car, that would be £100 including vat sir"

Update I say, ok can I watcj you as you insert the disc and let it reboot twice.

Away he goes and comes back again. " Its just incase the update doesnt go well and screws the rnse up sir.

Dont worry I'll take that risk.

There you go then sir, new tmc based rnse disk.

and they never asked me for the old one back ever., lucky really as I had left it at home and obnly had my copy in the drive at the time.

I did the upgrade as I was driving home and now I have the cross out of the tmc gone.

Cheers

Simon

Message to SimonWJones...

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I just bought a Feb 06 A3 Sline which has the 2006 Audi Nav Plus RNS-E. The 2006 software does not include the TMC option, which I am disgusted to say the least!

I spoke to the dealer in Liverpool, who said it was a £250 upgrade! You can guess my response :no: . They told me to speak to Audi UK, who may be able to carry out a "good will gesture". Their response was to speak to the dealer!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Malc

problem is now mate, Audi stopped the offer at the end of June for the C5 chassis and the MMI version as yours is stopped at the end of Dec 2006.

Your only option now is to see if you can get someone to "SUPPLY" you with a copy.

Im sure theres someone on here who could help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait for the PM's

Simon

These are both RNS-E, not MMI Simon, offer ended June 2007 for free updates. I would kick up a fuss with the dealer or failing that buy a disk off ebay for £100.

simonwjones said:
Malc

problem is now mate, Audi stopped the offer at the end of June for the C5 chassis and the MMI version as yours is stopped at the end of Dec 2006.

Your only option now is to see if you can get someone to "SUPPLY" you with a copy.

Im sure theres someone on here who could help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait for the PM's

Simon