Rns-e and Dension pro bt = Flat battery.

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey All

After recently fitting a a rns-e unit to my A3 i kept getting the flat battery issue..... damn annoying when everytime to get into your car and can't go anywhere..... i thought i'd cured it with an update. Also since fitting a dension pro bt i have the dreaded flat battery every single time i get in the car again so i've taken it all out for the time being but this is also annoying as i have no sounds at all in the car.

Does anybody have any idea where the problem could be ? all the wiring is quadlock and the loom from the dension unit is the same. so when fitting was just a matter of connecting the looms. Almost at the point of giving up and going back to the standard concert head unit.

Thoughts please.

Unless you do some testing with a multimeter then it's going to just be a case of trial and error as one of them must be faulty. I'd take your dension out and leave the rnse in and see if it still kills the battery. If it does then you know you're dension isn't faulty and vice versa if it doesn't kill the battery with it out then the Dension must be faulty.
I've got an android unit giving me the same problem and the seller has told me the canbus decoder must be faulty so is sending me another to try as it doesn't turn off when i take the keys out of the ignition so I have to turn it off manually which just puts it into standby and kills the battery if I don't use the car for a few days, your rnse would have this built within the unit though.

Thanks for your reply, I must say i like having both of them in but can't go on not knowing if the cars going to start every time i go to it.

Plug the rns in alone & see if it does the same thing as there are known rns faults with drainage, just to be 100% sure.

I would say dension isn't shutting down, so contact them, seen this before on other type units.

ok thanks Nigel. i'll try that. one other thought i had i'm also wondering if it could be that i plugged in the lead to the dension that supplies ipod etc.

@NHN I have connected up the rns-e unit alone and sat listening carefully and after about a minute i can hear the fan stop and it shut down. i then reconnected the Dension unit and it clearly never shut down. i have read on the dension support that to adjust the dip switches on audi so followed their instruction by turning one switch to the on position, i then reconnected everything and re listened, this time again after about a minute it all shut down again and went quiet. Again on opening a door it comes back to life. closing the door again goes silent after about a minute. do you think the dip switch may of been my problem and once it shuts down do you think it will stay that way until i next enter the car ? Many thanks for your help.