RNS-E dvd release date.

mickel5

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how often and what time of the year AUDI release their sat nav dvd's.Mine is a couple of years old now and I would like to purchase one in 2010.

Thanks
Mike.

I have an 08 set of genuine dvd's for sale in original box that covers east/west europe if interested & the new ones have just come out recently.

I have 09 aswell for me but no new firmware updates & mapping not much changed to warrant mate

Understand the 2010 should be available before Christmas with new firmware & maping updates. Having just come back from Slovenia & Croatia, using the Eastern Europe 2008 maps I can assure you they are a total load of ***** if I had not taken my TomTom we would have had a big problem especialy in Croatia. I fail to understand why the Audi maps for Eastern Europe & Tom Tom should be so different as the they both use Nav Tech. In Croatia even some major roads were missing on the Audi maps but the tom tom showed 90% of roads some which we would not have considered going on as they appeared to be little more than dirt tracks.

08 maps are perfectly ok, used myself & was in slovenia month or so ago.

TomTom have more interactive updating system where as the audi solution is a hardware solution that cant be updated as easily without creating many dvd's a year which people just dont really need or will buy, pity they dont get there butt in gear more for technology as its a revenue stream that can be taken advantage of if they can utilise wireless systems or internet to update cars nav maps via a subsciprtion etc, but alas audi & technology dont usually stay up with eachother, they do seem slow tbh at implementing newer tech which is very annoying.

Thanks for the info, whats the part number of the 2009 discs.I want to make sure I do'nt buy those.

Last edited:
8P0060884AD check if its 1 or 2 dvd's as they have east/west europe