RNS-E firmware / features

franko180

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
To anyone in the know, have any new features appeared on the RNS-E via software/firmware updates since 2012? I fitted my unit in 2012 and haven't updated it since then. I found some old pictures that had a "version information" screen displayed that was "Map: 8P0919884BE_BE_EUW".

One of the things that always bothered me was that the MP3 title on the cluster display only displays the first 8 or 9 characters of the song title and didn't scroll it, was that feature ever improved on newer versions?

One of the things that always bothered me was that the MP3 title on the cluster display only displays the first 8 or 9 characters of the song title and didn't scroll it, was that feature ever improved on newer versions?

Still does it!!

The firmware on the MK1 RNS-E has not changed since 2008 and the Mk2 firmware has not changed since 2013, but as the RNS-E is now obsolete it's very unlikely there will be any further updates.

Ok, mine is a MK2, I think a 2011 model, has the silver button and gloss black trim fascia around the LCD, I was just wondered if anything new had been added as my firmware is about 4 years old I guess.