RNS E Help???????

marnie2k

Reaction score
hi guys i am looking for some info or maybe link to previous thread on this subject. i have a 2005 55 reg audi a3 2.0 tdi dsg s-line. i am looking at changing ym head unit for a RNS E that i see in a lot of a3's and looks stunning. firstly... is it worth the money that is spent on purchasing it? also what would i need to do to fit? i see that the hazard switch area is different? also is it plug and play straight into the 2 ISO connectors or is there wiring to be done? what exactly do i need to do to fit one to my car? please guys assist me thank you anthony

thanks yes it helps a lot but the other question i have to ask is that i have a 55 reg a3 and a single din audi concert .... what do i do about that as i see that that rnse only fits a double din headunit? also does my car have a DIS were the nav will work in the middle of my speedo clocks? thanks

its not that bad a job a days work if you take your time, ive done it as has scottie

yeah i suppose so ive just spoken to my dad and he is going to help me acomplish it once i get the parts. but that is the question? what exactly do i need to order for audi? i mean what cage do i ask for and any other parts i need?

NHN on here always has access to parts. I would pm him and ask him if he has any of the bits you need first.

i will do that but do you not know of the top of your head the parts i need to make the double din conversion?

Off the top of my head you need a new cage, buttons,cointray and trim panel.

You also have to cut down your aircon unit or buy a double din one. I cut mine down and it looks no different to a dbl din one

I will try and dig up the guide I used. It listed all the part numbers you need so you can order them from dealer.

I got mine from ebay.de though, it may be worth a look on ebay, as often they pop up.