RNS-E no rear sound please help

Pj4388dunny

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I’ve just put a RNS-E back into my 2010 a3. Everything works fine except sound from rear speakers?
when I bought the car it had after market headunit and the sound worked fine. The car also had after market rear speakers and cables already run direct from rear speakers to back of head unit. So swapped over the head units, on the harness that goes into back of head unit has green wire & a green and black wire and also a purple wire & a purple and black cable that’s states on the cables RR + & - and RL + & - so tapped into those with rear speakers, turn head unit fader to rears and no sound at all. As a process of elimination I tapped the rear speakers into the front speakers, turned fader to 50/50 and I had sound from all speakers. Put rears back on the rears, turned fader back to rear and no sound again, so there’s no fault with the rears or the cable ran from them. I’m at a loss, hope someone can help me

The rear speakers should be driven by an amp in an Audi, so the fronts are driven directly from the head unit and the rears via an amp, you need to find the factory amp and put it back into the wiring or try to use the the aftermarket rear amp/speakers setup.