RNS-E Software update

danc

Reaction score
I've got an RNS-E (Not sure which software version but it's running a 2005 nav disc), I borrowed a copy of the 2007 disc to update the firmware. I put the DVD in and it seems to recognise it because it says 'Software update disc 0550' when I lower the screen but it says 'Insert nav disc' on the nav section. How do I load the DVD to update the firmware?

Probably a good thing the update didn't work then!

Just out of interest, what are the differences in software between 2005 and 2007? I'll buy the update and maps disc if it's worth the update.

Cheers

Map updates and the inclusion of TMC
Not sure but I think it calculates routes faster.

TMC is the information received via radio regarding traffic delays etc. Can be useful if you travel on major routes and motorways as it will automatically divert you around potential hold ups.

Apart from that I didn't see a lot of change from the 2006 disk I originally had. I got my 2007 disk under warranty via the free upgrade program (even thought I retro fitted my RNS-e)

Not sure that it is worth the £200 odd they are asking for a new disk.

I've also noticed the minor roads are shaded in grey which was different to the 0460/2006 DVDs, but that's it really. TMC rocks - extremely useful.

Its good just to look at the screen and see it update without a route programmed to see where the holdups/accidents are.