RNSE 2010 reverse camera help please

I don't think my problem is with the auto switching-my problem is that the boxes I have tried-kufatec and dietz - are not compatible with my RNSE (glossy surround)

Think the only option I have is to buy the expensive R8 reverse cam module for it to work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

it looks like when you turn the ignition on your rnse is looking for video input of some type, a dvd player for example. do you have more than one video input allowable on your interface unit, is yours ima basic or basic plus?

Hi guile,

My interface is the IMA basic plus. It allows for connection of rvc and another video source.

Is there a setting on the unit I need to change to tell it to stop trying to connect to other video source?

How do you do that?

Cheers!

Hi guile,

My interface is the IMA basic plus. It allows for connection of rvc and another video source.

Is there a setting on the unit I need to change to tell it to stop trying to connect to other video source?

How do you do that?!

have you set up the ima yet, hold down the setup button for 5 secs as far as i can remember to activate the setup menu...

also which input is your camera connected to, the input on the ima unit itself or the extra fly wire?

Thx for reply,

I have tried to get into the setup menu of the IMA by holding down the setup button but nothing happened.

If I were to get into the settings what would indeed to change?

I have connected the reverse cam to the extra fly wire-this is what the instructions tell you to do..

too hard to explain the setting mate, various different options depending on what video source you are plugging in to the ima...

yes the reverse cam should be plugged in to the fly wire. really hard to work out what is going on over the net. i'd start fault finding and trying different options until you work out what the issue is...

first thing i would do is wire up the ima as per the instructions. if tv shows on your rnse menu then you know its working. then id make sure the camera has power and plug it in to the input on the ima. that way if you select tv on your rnse you should get the reverse camera image and you know the camera is working (camera and ima require constant +12v so check your source and make sure it doesn't pulse)...

then unplug the camera from the ima unit and plug it in to the fly wire, if you have your rnse coded properly and have the blue wire from the ima to the rnse for reverse switching then the camera should work when reverse is selected...

i hope that all makes sense...

apologies, i have just reread page 1 and see that the only thing you are struggling with is that fact that your rnse is auto switching to media when the ignition is on. i couldn't be 100% certain but have a feeling this is to do with the fact you haven't set up the ima...

you really need to find out how to get on the setup menu. my setup menu showed up on the dis from what i remember...

Thx again-this does make a lot of sense!

The problem I'm having is that my rnse doesn't seem to recognise the IMA.

I have wired it all up and then it doesn't show up with TV when I press the media button.

So therefore if it doesn't show up I don't think I can enter the settings menu by holding down the setup button.

I think I have seen the TV thing pop up once but then it disappeared again.

Now I come to think of it-mayb it's the wiring of the IMA that I'm not doing right... I haven't soldered the neutral wire-could that be the problem?

definitely recheck your connections. in my opinion the ima is pretty fussy so i'd make sure you have a good solid +12v and ground connections from the fuse box...

Thx for the advice-I'll have to give it another shot soon-I had given up for a while as I have been trying for this mod for the last 8 months with no luck!

I was starting to think that my rnse is just not compatible with the device....

This is indeed a good wiring diagram but this still doesn't address the issue I'm having.

I have now wired up my kufatec box correctly as I had before as per diagram.

The problem I have is my 193 glossy surround RNSE doesn't recognise the kufatec box as I don't see a TV option when I press media button...

So I'm thinking its a compatibility issue....:/

This is indeed a good wiring diagram but this still doesn't address the issue I'm having.

I have now wired up my kufatec box correctly as I had before as per diagram.

The problem I have is my 193 glossy surround RNSE doesn't recognise the kufatec box as I don't see a TV option when I press media button...

So I'm thinking its a compatibility issue....:/

I would love to be proven wrong but I don't think the kufatec box works with the latest RNSe-ie if you want reverse camera with latest rnse you need R8 module...

i agree it's a great diagram, i'd definitely be installing the relay option for power to the camera though...

MA3TDIQ - have you contacted kufatec to try and resolve the issue or confirm there are no problems with your actual ima unit, may be a software upgrade would help. it's strange how you said you did see a tv option when you first hooked it up...

With it not being compatible does it mean I won't be able to get it to work?

Strange question mayb because I have managed to get a reverse camera signal on my rnse with the current setup.

Just as have those stupid coloured lines when ignition goes on:(

Im not sure if youl be able to get it to work as I have never used one of these units, and kufatec just say the unit itself doesn't work with 193G.

I have a spare camera at home which was left over from my RNS510 install on my bora, so il get one of the other units at some point and test it

What would be good to know is what is the difference between the 193 and the 192 rnse... Might be able to find a work around if we know why it's not,compatible..

i agree it's a great diagram, i'd definitely be installing the relay option for power to the camera though...

MA3TDIQ - have you contacted kufatec to try and resolve the issue or confirm there are no problems with your actual ima unit, may be a software upgrade would help. it's strange how you said you did see a tv option when you first hooked it up...

I tried to contact kuatec but they are not going to offer their support as I bought the unit from a german re-seller on eBay:/

Kufatec confirmed to me the unit you have is not compatible with 193G units.

Another interesting thing is the guy on the tt forum that you linked in your previous post managed to get it working with 193G RNSE - may have been using a different reverse cam interface though...

The link above From the TT forum is mine, I can confirm that any mk2 rns-e ( 193 unit ) can have the reverse camera with auto switching provided pin C2 is RFSL and not NC
I can also confirm that the kufatec module does NOT work with a mk2 rns-e, nor is it needed

Also the flickering on some units isn't down to canbus, it's down to under voltage from the reverse light, the best way to install it is to use a relay for a clean feed and only use the reverse light feed for switching

^ very good and true advice. i found out the hard way after a lot of trial and error...

The link above From the TT forum is mine, I can confirm that any mk2 rns-e ( 193 unit ) can have the reverse camera with auto switching provided pin C2 is RFSL and not NC
I can also confirm that the kufatec module does NOT work with a mk2 rns-e, nor is it needed

Also the flickering on some units isn't down to canbus, it's down to under voltage from the reverse light, the best way to install it is to use a relay for a clean feed and only use the reverse light feed for switching

Awesome guide dude. I will pull my RNS E and check that pin. Is there anyway around it if it is a NC pin?

Awesome guide dude. I will pull my RNS E and check that pin. Is there anyway around it if it is a NC pin?

No mate
The best and cheapest way is either swap your unit with another member who's not got a camera or buy one and sell yours

It is possible but I'm sure you need a complete loom aswell as an R8 camera and module
Quiet expensive

so what is required for the video feed to the rnse G revision ? surely some kind of video feed interface is needed ? any more info on this ?

I bought the PCBA with IC from ebay then i has try to into in rnse that with IC in my car .it can be auto switch rear view function to enable by VCDS.
so it's need to IC to work in RNSE.
i don't know why it cancel the IC from AUDI.
anyone know it information

here is the PCBA board that different with two kind the board.it's can be work the function if you add some part in the board.
so who know that the part number(D11. IC10. IC11. D9.) on the picture. i want put the part on PCBA to work.

Attachments

• 3330.jpg
    3330.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 860
  • 3366.jpg
    3366.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 479
They should be fairly easy to solder on, but trouble is, if the eeprom on the other chips is different, then even soldering them on could make no difference sadly.

we need to find the datasheet to know whether eeprom in there.frist what's real part number for 7522 IC if anyone to know.
is it could be TA7522? or anyone

Dear all

I also have a problem. I install Kufatec IMA basic plus. Coded properly. Connect 4 cables to Can H/L, power and masse. Connect C2 (RFSL) to IMA pin 3. RVC did not work. I connect + and – to battery then worked. I read from Audi forms and found some people connect + power to car relay. I connect + to car saloon lighting fuse. Now working correct except there is not any RVC guide. I tried to set some point for IMA.

IMA setting is set through car DIS. I changed some parameters but nothing changed.

Has anyone ever had any experience like this to help me? RNSE does not show RVC guide. Is it normal?RNSE 192

Any help will be appreciated

20150928 171938

im having a problem simply coding in my rnse( with glossy surround and chrome buttons) keep getting these fault codes

56:radio 00858 connection radio itermediate frequency(if)output to antenna short to ground 007
01044-control module incorrectly coded 000--
03157-functionality limited due to communication distruption 000--

37-Navigation 00858 connection radio itermediate frequency(if)output to antenna short to ground 007
01044-control module incorrectly coded 000--
03157-functionality limited due to communication distruption 000--

mine has ipod/aux in/bluetooth/mfsw