RNSE Alternative

freezebox

Reaction score
So since I bought my car I wanted to buy an RNSe, unfortunately the only ones I could afford were way out of my budget, the affordable ones were definitely stolen and I just wouldnt feel right knowing that

Bought this for £280 from china its absolutely fantastic, quad core, android 4.4.4 capacitive touch screen, gps, 3g internet, reversing camera capability, steering wheel integration. Best thing is that it looks as thought it actually belongs in the car unlike some other aftermarket head units.

Heres a pic - im in no way affiliated with the sale of these, just wanted to show people an alternative

Attachments

• 20150804_142347-min.jpg
    20150804_142347-min.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,050
these new android ones look much better than the old WINDOWS CE units that are still for sale . bet there fast with 4g internet now available .

these new android ones look much better than the old WINDOWS CE units that are still for sale . bet there fast with 4g internet now available .

Yes mate its very snappy, just as quick as my iPad.

Got a link for it at all? I'm in the same boat as you, would love an RNS-E but funds won't stretch to £400 for a MK2!

I have the factory fitted mk1 but it's nit the best bit dark scratched etc , this looks decent if it comes as a straight plug and play I.e work off steering wheel controls etc ,I'm crap with electricals does it had a SIM card slot ???

I have the factory fitted mk1 but it's nit the best bit dark scratched etc , this looks decent if it comes as a straight plug and play I.e work off steering wheel controls etc ,I'm **** with electricals does it had a SIM card slot ???

Works fine with the steering wheel, only thing that this unit doesnt do that the original did is show the radio station on the dashboard DIS computer. The two slots at the front are microSD not sim card.

Does it just mirror your phone via Bluetooth? Currently i run my phone through factory fitted aux input ,I only listen to spotify but I like the idea of google maps on the screen

Does it just mirror your phone via Bluetooth? Currently i run my phone through factory fitted aux input ,I only listen to spotify but I like the idea of google maps on the screen

I think you might be able to mate, this is what the seller sent me

ES2027A-o7-Mirror-Link.jpg

Looks the part, came across this yesterday on eBay.
Whats the sat nav like, will it show speed cameras and limits?
Would be great if you could do a video using the unit!

Looks good, we have looked at an RSNE but can't justify £500 on one so i will look into one of these.

Looks the part, came across this yesterday on eBay.
Whats the sat nav like, will it show speed cameras and limits?
Would be great if you could do a video using the unit!

Sat nav does do all of the above! A few have asked for a video so will make one

Being a SQ person I don't like these units because the sound they put out is truly awful, a testament to the cheap components used.

Also, sorry if you have one but imho the finish looks tacky and sticks out like a sore thumb, for me this definitely isn't a 'rns-e alternative'.

Being a SQ person I don't like these units because the sound they put out is truly awful, a testament to the cheap components used.

Also, sorry if you have one but imho the finish looks tacky and sticks out like a sore thumb, for me this definitely isn't a 'rns-e alternative'.

Sound is actually crisper and clearer than stock head unit.

Reactions: Sayam
I'm looking at going for a pioneer avh-x8600bt as my alternative. What's people's views on something like that?

I like the look of the dynavin but for £500 it isn't cheap.

Way more features than the rubbish rnse offers. Only like the rnse for the way it looks.

And no one can argue with the integration into Bluetooth, sensors, etc but I do concede it is limited in its capabilities.

Any double din pioneer unit I like as they are my fav sounding head unit

I've always gone with alpine but double din wise that pioneer has way more features

I've always gone with alpine but double din wise that pioneer has way more features

Can't grumble at either...Pioneer traditionally sounds warmer and more natural, Alpine are usually brighter on the top end.

I'm very keen on upgrading the head unit. The Dynavin N6 looks really smart and packs loads of features. This YouTube video gives a great insight.