RNSE - Bose issues

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
Hi.

Just put my sat nav in the new car , which has Bose ,previous one did not.

I am getting some vag-com errors to do with the front speakers , forgot to copy the report. ( Doh )

I am aware that some times you have to do some tweaks with the pins on the block to do with aftermarket fitting, there are no empty bays to move any pins so i am assuming that something needs swapping or doing.

It sounds like Bose is working ( i think ) but there are errors as said ...
I had an RRNS put in my TT when i owned one ( No jokes please )
I remember there having to be some tweaking then , just cant find it on here..

Any help ?

Thanks guys and girls

You shouldn't need to swop the pins for Bose if your new car has a large cam lock connector.

It does have the large cam lock connector , and i could not swap pins even if i wanted to ( the 3 - 7 pin thing ) as there are no empty pin holes to move from one pin hole to another as all holes have a wire already in them...

Thanks for the answer , so i now do not have to move any pins , even if i wanted to i cant as said there all full. But why am i getting errors to do with the speakers in VCD ?

Sorry mate...need to see the error read out tomorrow. Nige is the RNSE man but if he has any sense he is still down the pub :)

No worries , ill check the errors tomorrow.

So am i right in thinking that the Bose just works , plug and play?

Old head unit out new RRNS-E head unit in , code and away , no pins moving around anymore , was that just on the old connectors..before the clam lock block ?

You need to move a pin to activate Bose, plus you will need to code the RNS with Bose aswell.

Have you coded the rns at all for your car?

Just check your existing most likely concert 2+/3 which pin is Bose & then move it to the pin thats for Bose on the rns, its all on the block wire connector label on each unit, if there's something already in place then check the existing radio to see what it is 1st.

I would to be sure do a pin to pin map to make sure everything matches up with both radios, most will anyway.

You probably will have the old ZF to ground etc error because the antenna system isnt for the rns-e, possibly.

Also you mean the quadlock connector.

As Pat said you need to do a log & then post it so we can give you proper advice instead of possibly speculation.

ive had a look into this Pat, as we discovered earlier pin 7 is already taken, the reason for this is the AUX socket in the centre console uses pin 7 on the concert headunit.

3 wires will need removing from the blue connector and connecting to the other connector on the back of the rns

you will then be able to move the pin

Matt is right. I kinda watched Hazzy's do mine and they disconnected three pins from the Aux and re-positioned the Bose one. Sorry can't be more specific but at a push I could remove and take a pic of the back if you wanted?

You need to remove AUX-R, AUX-L and AUX GND from the blue connector and connect into the relevant pins on the 32 pin plug which you need to buy 1J0 972 977 G

The bose pin can the be moved

Sounds like the plan then ,

For the time being can i remove the AUX-R, AUX-L and AUX GND from the blue connector

Then this will then free up pin 7 , to move the bose pin to ,

But if i do not add the part for the time being and leave the AUX-R, AUX-L and AUX GND from the blue connector out , will this cause issues with them just not being connected ,

Or will it just mean that the AUX will not work , which i can live with until i get the part , to then put them back in.

Last edited:
Just leave the aux wires hanging with maybe some tape on ends & then move bose pin, it'll be fine, but dont forget to code the unit for this, then when you have the 32 pin G connector just plug those hanging pins in, also making sure you code the car for this aswell.

Matt will sort it.

I think ill just wait and get the plug , thanks as always !