RNSE maps and software update

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Hi team,

So I have recently removed my RNSE as I was wanting to install a reverse camera.

It is the latest edition RNSE ending in 193 (glossy surround)

When I put my 2015 nav dvd back in it says that it is unreadable. (Copied disc that came with the RNSE when I bought it) so now I have no navigation anymore:(

I was wondering if somebody else with the glossy RNSE could tell me what software version they are running.

Mine is software 0220 and hardware H07. Does this need updated before I can get the reverse camera and maps to work?

Cheers!

Last edited:
As far as I know, the latest firmware is 0650. If yours is at 0220 it could indicate it has never been updated, or possibly it has been hacked to add in the SDS function some time in the past. Normally when you put in a 2015 disk it should automatically update the firmware, so something is amiss. The unreadable DVD is a common occurrence with copied disks, as these disks are a lot less reflective than the genuine Audi ones. . The best way to checkout your DVD is to borrow a genuine DVD and see if it can read it. Re the reverse camera, I am sure another member will be along to comment on this. As soon as it can read the dvd, your maps should work OK. Good luck.

0650 is related to RNS-E MK1 (192), afaik there isn't much of a software update from 0220 for the MK2, so I definitely don't think this is related to the issues you're seeing.

When I had my MK2 running the rear camera, it was running 0200.