RNSE stolen! Alternatives

Jtaylor

Reaction score
So long story short my RNSE was stolen last night.

So now looking for a replacement, instead of just getting another I was thinking of swapping it out for a pioneer double din with apple play or whatever it is and all that jazz.
Has anybody got any experience with these? I.e leads I need fascias any other recommendations? Steering controls still work? Pretty ****** off ATM.

Thanks for all the help

Sorry to hear this, but chances are they may target you with the pioneer aswell mate.

How about downgrading to the concert 2+ as that isn't stolen usually.

Well the pioneer unit I was looking at the front is removeable so that would deter the c**** again

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and just to add I have Bose, don't know if that can add any complications.

Thats not a bad unit, i personally have the 8600bt which is an amazing piece of kit.
Personally i don't see the reason to waste so much money on the crappy outdated RNSE.

i have a rnse for sale if your interested its the mk1 rnse been removed out of my car i have the orignal pin code in my audi manual with my chasis to prove its not a nicked one pm me if your interested iv got other plans for my car :detective2:

Sorry to hear that, I hope the person who took it meets a nasty end. There is just no excuse in my book for taking things.

i have a rnse for sale if your interested its the mk1 rnse been removed out of my car i have the orignal pin code in my audi manual with my chasis to prove its not a nicked one pm me if your interested iv got other plans for my car :detective2:
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm going down a different route myself too.

I currently use a Pioneer AVH x8600BT and this has a detachable front panel, which always comes off if I'm not parking at home or work. Might be worth considering something like that.

So went for the pioneer f960bt in the end, should be here by the weekend.
Another issue I'm having is, since they broke the window the passenger door will not open from the outside. It opens fine from the inside and will then open from the outside fine aslong as the car isn't locked again. Anybody got any ideas? The guys that replaced the glass seem to think it could be some sort of security feature.

Ash how much better is this unit then over the standard rnse I have?
What's the sat nav like? I always use my google maps app on my phone rather than the **** sat nav on the rnse!
Can you watch Google maps on the pioneer syncing from your phone? How's it all work?

It's also only 1 din isn't it? I would need a 2 din to fill the sace wouldn't ?

@Bazzle guessing that would go straight in for a concert I? Is the sat Nav built in or do you need to pay extra and does your iPhone connect via Bluetooth so you can control via the facia or is it just an Aux connection?

Anyone with the new pioneer one, is the sat nav just google maps from your phone? So uses your data?

Thanks

GPS maps came with unit (I asked for them for my region)
I also changed the program to Primo I had off this forum
http://fixmygps.info/forum/index.php

The phone music can be changed via the scroll wheel on the steering wheel. I haven't played with it much as I use an SD card.
The UK Ebay link has a lot of good info.

Cheers geez.

@Bazzle

Guessing the one you have fits in for a concert I? 08 pre facelift A3. Know next to **** all! New to Audi. Nice one

Last edited:
Can say the sound through the Bose is much better than original. CarPlay works surprisingly well including sending messages with Siri. Streams music via Bluetooth if I don't want my phone plugged in to use CarPlay, although I ran the wire into the glovebox so everything is hidden.
Sat nav is a million times better than the rnse.
Steering wheel controls work fine.
Overall extremely happy.

since they broke the window the passenger door will not open from the outside. It opens fine from the inside and will then open from the outside fine aslong as the car isn't locked again. Anybody got any ideas? The guys that replaced the glass seem to think it could be some sort of security feature.

I cant see how a door lock can react to a window break to be honest.. did the alarm go off when they broke in?

I cant see how a door lock can react to a window break to be honest.. did the alarm go off when they broke in?

Really not sure as I didn't return to the car until the afternoon, so the alarm could of being going off.
I'm not sure it's the lock itself as when I unlock it with the key fob I can hear it unlock. But the door just won't open until it's opened from the inside first,It's very weird.

Get your car scanned with VCDS to see if there are any underlying faults with the passenger side module.
you may just want to replace the passengers side door module as you can generally get them for under £50 on eBay