Road Rash/Small Stone Chips front bumper

Pete N

Reaction score
I own a Phantom Black S5 which has very nice paintwork apart from the front bumper.
Basically is has quite a few very small chips to the lower part of the plastic front bumper, that, more than anything, have cut through the clear coat and possibly paint in places to leave it looking a bit tatty in this area, with white looking chips.
The lower part of the bumper has also lost a bit of its shine.
I generally use Autoglym Resin Polish and have done for years on my cars. I recently used some of the Sonex Detailing spray that has added some sheen to the bumper.
Can anyone recommend some good products to improve the finish of the bumper, preferably
without the need for machinery. I have toyed with getting the bumper professionally re sprayed but would rather go down this route. The rest of the car is do good that it needs improving. I looked at the Chipex kit which might be a good option but I'm open to suggestions from the wealth of experience in the forum.
Thanks
Pete

HI, the products will do little to help, unfortunately shine can only come from a flat surface, so scratches and chips will dull the finish, waxes achieve gloss by filling small imperfections but cant fill the voids of road rash, the only permanent solution is to fill the chips back in with paint, the problem with rash is its individual recesses normally over large areas, so you have to dot small amounts of paint let part cure and wipe off excess to leave flush, time consuming and frustrating if a month later you have new rash.