Road Trip

p90dly

Reaction score
Hi All,
Not sure if this had been attemted before, but wondered if any of you guys and girls would fancy a road trip in the Autumn?? I’ve been having a bit of a look and it seems there is some epic driving roads in Wales. Was thinking maybe doing something over a couple of days, so we could tie it in with a night stay somewhere, get a meal together and maybe a drink or two as well.
Appreciate there are many creases in this plan that need would need ironing out, but thought I’d throw the idea out the to see what the interest would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good few years back the owners club did an Evo Triangle day and it was great, however i think the police and locals have recently clamped down on these types of meets.

A good few years back the owners club did an Evo Triangle day and it was great, however i think the police and locals have recently clamped down on these types of meets.
Thanks for the input, any suggestions or foreseen issues with this plan are all appreciated.
I’d happily do some leg work to map out a route that is a little of the beaten track to avoid such well known hotspots if that’s what people fancied.

Can confirm, the Heddlu (Welsh Police) have been ultra strict, Some of the most authoritarian in the UK. Even before lockdown they took themselves a bit too seriously, but it's downright unfriendly to cross into Wales lately, and some locals feel much the same about outsiders spreading the lurgy... No sign of the lightening up any time soon I don't think. But its a great idea in principal. The roads and scenery are lovely.

Can confirm, the Heddlu (Welsh Police) have been ultra strict, Some of the most authoritarian in the UK. Even before lockdown they took themselves a bit too seriously, but it's downright unfriendly to cross into Wales lately, and some locals feel much the same about outsiders spreading the lurgy... No sign of the lightening up any time soon I don't think. But its a great idea in principal. The roads and scenery are lovely.
Appreciate the input. Hopefully they may have lightened up abit before the autumn. But for arguments sake, let’s say they haven’t, im happy to look at other areas in the UK. If it wasn’t SOOO far from me I’d love to do the North Coast 500, but think it may be worth doing something alittle less adventurous and closer first..........

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
The NC500 is incredible. Worth doing for sure, especially now that there is less German tourists in caravans slowing it up. My only concern with a tuned car though was getting 99RON up there, as the petrol stations are few and far between. :).

This was the route we did. Fantastic day back in 2016.
9f6c575b98f6bbcc61c0cea9dfbafae3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
If a tad chilly at the ponderosa cafe

29d79e9599c0ce88f056e7f9f95d53eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Count Drunkula
Sunday March 17th 2013 - ASN RS3 group meet at The Castle Hotel Ruthin and then onto CYG Karting at Cerrigydrudion and for some the EVO Triangle

Colours available 2

ON TRACK MBK P102 ON Track Vito 1 ON TRACK BLUEY 11 ARRIVAL GROUP 102

Colours available 8

For further inspiration see here (what's left of it):

Just found a video, hope it inspires you guys, enjoy - Sunday March 17th 2013 - ASN RS3 group meet at The Castle Hotel Ruthin and then onto CYG Karting at Cerrigydrudion

Just found a video, hope it inspires you guys, enjoy - Sunday March 17th 2013 - ASN RS3 group meet at The Castle Hotel Ruthin and then onto CYG Karting at Cerrigydrudion

Very inspired, looks like an epic weekend. Wish the interest was the same as your meet back in 2013!!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Very inspired, looks like an epic weekend. Wish the interest was the same as your meet back in 2013!!
Maybe there was an excitement with the 8P RS3, p90dly, that no longer exists; for sure, a number of us wanted to meet up and have fun with the our 8P RS3's together!!! :racer:

So good is the 8P RS3 I still have mine :thumbs up:

Maybe there was an excitement with the 8P RS3, p90dly, that no longer exists; for sure, a number of us wanted to meet up and have fun with the our 8P RS3's together!!! :racer:

So good is the 8P RS3 I still have mine :thumbs up:
Maybe so........ what ever the reason I’m jealous!!
This road trip is open to 8P owners too....... more the merrier

Off topic abit, How many miles has your 8P got on it now?? Have you had any reliability issues with it if over theyears??

Maybe so........ what ever the reason I’m jealous!!
This road trip is open to 8P owners too....... more the merrier

Off topic abit, How many miles has your 8P got on it now?? Have you had any reliability issues with it if over theyears??

14750-miles only, sorry :blush:
And no reliability issues at all and ours for a long time yet :thumbs up: Just don't see it ever going anywhere else - now very much a fun machine
Saw it on a Thursday, (13/10/2011) purchased it on the Saturday (15/10/2011), see: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html
We've an SQ5 Bi-TDi that does the day-to-day runs/hospital parking, etc, and that's a cracking 'fun' machine too :racer:

Last edited:
14750-miles only, sorry :blush:
And no reliability issues at all and ours for a long time yet :thumbs up: Just don't see it ever going anywhere else - now very much a fun machine
Saw it on a Thursday, (13/10/2011) purchased it on the Saturday (15/10/2011), see: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html
We've an SQ5 Bi-TDi that does the day-to-day runs/hospital parking, etc, and that's a cracking 'fun' machine too :racer:
That’s abeutiful looking 8P......... LOVE the colour!!..

Do you think it would be worth reposting in the 8P forum with a link to this page??.... You could be the ambassador for your crew?? Lol
:icon thumright: