Roadtrip 2009 Swiss Alps Again.

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

As per previous trips anyone up for a blast over Easter Good Friday Onwards. I.e April 9th to 15th April.

Up for any ideas etc, would like to do stelvio pass etc. Maybe a stop at ingodstaldt on the way back?

Could go from Hull to Brugge or Dover Calais depending on what peope think.

Will have my new s3 by then also.
David

A bit early for me.... I'm down there snowboarding then anyway.... which leads me to my next point - will the passes be open that early???
When I was in the Tigne area last March/April a lot of passes were closed as it was still dumping snow.
I'm deffo up for a Euro blast next year at some point though.

Hmmmm, When would you think the best time is?David

One thing that you might consider. Going to Austria rather than Switzerland. I know it's further but not that much if your thinking of going to Ingostadt as well.

I've taken my cars on holiday to both counties many times and personally, whilst I love Switzerland, I think Austria is a much better country for driving. It has some good mountain passes including the GrossGlockner which Audi themselves often use for both testing and car launches and some very good mountain roads that can be drived quite quickly as well.

Also to get there you would have some good driving on some 'no speed limit' Autobahns in Germany and the Vignette required for Austria can be purchased for much less time that the full year required in Switzerland and is therefore much cheaper. Accommodation and meals are often available for less than in Switzerland.

If you are interested by all means come back to me and I can give you more information and details of some of the roads and passes than I always make a point of driving every time I visit Austria.

Something to think about.

One point to be aware of is that the GrossGlocker pass does not open until 1st May each year. Some of the Swiss passes may be the same. It a lot of cases cars go through a tunnel on a train until the snow clears.

O right, Not read here for a while.

I definately want to go. Andy I will keep in touch, watch this thread.
Just need to plan a route / destination etc.

David