Rock hit condenser

Erika

Reaction score
I have a brand new A5 which now has 12,000 miles on it and a rock hit the condenser through the grill and caused $1,500 worth of damage that is not covered under warranty. I have never heard of this happening before but not happy about it as it seems like a design flaw that doesn’t protect the inside parts. It hardly gets driven and thinking this could happen over and over like a rock hitting your windshield but instead of it costing $100 it’s thousands.

Jeez that must've been a big rock, any pics of the damage?
Physical damage so it won't be warrantied just like a rock hitting the windshield won't be either. Won't have luck with Audi, if there was roadworks or material leftover on the road then you could chase up council maybe?...

I have a brand new A5 which now has 12,000 miles on it and a rock hit the condenser through the grill and caused $1,500 worth of damage that is not covered under warranty. I have never heard of this happening before but not happy about it as it seems like a design flaw that doesn’t protect the inside parts. It hardly gets driven and thinking this could happen over and over like a rock hitting your windshield but instead of it costing $100 it’s thousands.
My new A6 has just been in for warranty work on the ac I I was worried it might be this. The grill is so open and the condenser has no protection. Luckily it was a g65 sensor.