Rojer's S3

Rojer

Reaction score
Hi all, i will shortly be starting a new job with a reduced commute so i thought it was time to get a new car. Currently i do 110 miles a day and my Renaultsport Clio had done 20k miles in 7/8 months! Once the new job was sorted the hunt for a new car was on. Tried lots of different cars and i really wanted a MK7 Golf R, but it was a bit out of budget and i was a bit underwhelmed when i drove it. My mate then mentioned an 8P face lift so i took a look at one and ended up buying it. With the Clio now gone i can focus all my attention on the Audi. Being a bit of a noob to VAG cars i will probably have a lot of questions! I do love it much more than i thought i would already, i wanted the complete package so a car that was quiet and comfortable, but went like stink and handled alright. The S3 just ticked all the right boxes for me.

The first mod has already been carried out in the form of a GFB diverter valve and that did make quiet a bit of difference to the car, even tho the original wasn't in too bad condition. Tomorrow the car is going to my friends garage to have Haldex, DSG, engine service and just a general check over.

Long term plans will be stage 2+ and a few extras here and there. I really want to fit cruise so if anyone can help me with that on here that would be great!

All comments and advise on mods welcome :)

S3 1
S3 2
IMG 20170903 WA0005
IMG 20170903 WA0007
IMG 20170903 WA0009

Reactions: Sandra
Car looks amazing. Where are you located? We have a few site sponsors that fit cruise control. :)

Reactions: Rojer
Thank you very much, hopefully now you have brought this to their attention someone can help!

I have a couple of questions as well regarding future mods. I would like to get a turbo back exhaust and can get Milltek's for a decent price, but they just seem to be the norm. Fitting in with the theme of the complete package car, i need something that has OEM levels of noise when cruising on the motorway, but a bit more drama when on boost. I have come across BCS and their powervalve exhaust, has anyone got one of these? What are they like?

If i was to go for a Milltek what are they like with a sports CAT and non-resonated?

@BCS Nige is fantastic. Lots of members will testify to that. Nigel is site sponsor.

@BCS Nige is fantastic. Lots of members will testify to that. Nigel is site sponsor.

Great news, i did speak to him the other day actually, but i wanted to explore all options first before committing. I have also just ordered an IE PCV delete as i know they are quite prone to failure.

Might call Nige shortly then and set it in motion!

So yesterday the car went to Auto Doctors which is run by my friend Stewart to have all the work below done.

* Engine oil & filter
* Spark plugs
* Air filter
* Pollen filter
* Fuel filter
* DSG oil & filter
* Haldex oil & filter
* Brake fluid
* Fuel pump cam follower

Think that is everything, I managed to get a look under the car whilst it was on the ramp and i was really happy with the condition. Everything is original and honest so looks like i might of bought a good one! Unfortunately TPS don't sell the Haldex filter and sent the wrong oil, we were also missing the two bolts you should replace when doing a Haldex service. Gave a quick ring to Alex at AKS Tuning who is not too far away and also a good friend of Stewart's and i was on my way collecting the parts we needed. Alex has a really nice unit and i would love to check it out more sometime. Once Stewart was done i took it for a drive and the gearbox is definitely a lot smoother now especially on downshifts so i'm happy. Didn't manage to get any photos as i was in and out :(

This morning i set about fitting my IE PCV delete which arrived yesterday courtesy of Regal. Was really straight forward to fit and only took 15ish minutes and i was being really careful. Gave under the bonnet a little clean once fitted as you can see its a bit dirty, but i would like to get it professionally detailed at some point. I did go to wash the car as well, but the weather has turned against me :( Again would like to get the car professionally detailed to make my life easier.

20170908 131232

20170909 113302 2

So then a slight update nothing fancy for now...Really wanted cruise control and it was annoying the original buyer didn't spec it. A dig around on here and i had and i got talking to @NHN he ordered the parts and came and fitted it for me. Did a good job and works great, thanks mate.

Going to TTShop on Thursday for alignment and need to rebleed the brake fluid as pedal is a bit ****.

Weekend just gone by we decided to wash the cars and get a few photos. I have so many so just posting up a few for now lol.

IMG 20170916 WA0175
IMG 20170916 WA0171
IMG 20170916 WA0168
IMG 20170916 WA0165
IMG 20170916 WA0152
IMG 20170916 WA0077
IMG 20170916 WA0153

Looking awesome. :)

Thank you very much, hopefully now you have brought this to their attention someone can help!

I have a couple of questions as well regarding future mods. I would like to get a turbo back exhaust and can get Milltek's for a decent price, but they just seem to be the norm. Fitting in with the theme of the complete package car, i need something that has OEM levels of noise when cruising on the motorway, but a bit more drama when on boost. I have come across BCS and their powervalve exhaust, has anyone got one of these? What are they like?

If i was to go for a Milltek what are they like with a sports CAT and non-resonated?

Welcome to ASN Rojer.....nice clean car!

I've had both a Milltek and now a custom BCS exhaust on my car,and the quality of the build and service on the BCS is superb.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the best quality exhaust for the S3.
The Powervalve system means it's quite quiet off boost,but does get louder on boost,and mine is frankly pretty loud at full throttle but you won't have that level of noise to contend with!

Stg2+ has always been my idea of the best value for money for this car,and leaves you with some of the parts you would need for a hybrid such as the TTE450,so it doesn't limit you for a little more if you feel the need.

With the engine mapped,the DSG does benefit from remapping,and you will find plenty of tuners here who can do that.....there are also a few S3s now with DQ500 boxes here,and again tuners who can fit and map them.
There's not a lot you won't find here....enjoy it and use the forum for any help you need.

Welcome to ASN Rojer.....nice clean car!

I've had both a Milltek and now a custom BCS exhaust on my car,and the quality of the build and service on the BCS is superb.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the best quality exhaust for the S3.
The Powervalve system means it's quite quiet off boost,but does get louder on boost,and mine is frankly pretty loud at full throttle but you won't have that level of noise to contend with!

Stg2+ has always been my idea of the best value for money for this car,and leaves you with some of the parts you would need for a hybrid such as the TTE450,so it doesn't limit you for a little more if you feel the need.

With the engine mapped,the DSG does benefit from remapping,and you will find plenty of tuners here who can do that.....there are also a few S3s now with DQ500 boxes here,and again tuners who can fit and map them.
There's not a lot you won't find here....enjoy it and use the forum for any help you need.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. With your exhaust do you have a decat and resonated or what? Any videos of the noise? I have thought about a DQ500, but probably alot of hassle and cost for what its worth.

Anyways, onto the car. Last week i went to TTShop for alignment. My friend Ish who runs Quattro Coachworks has been friends with Dave for years. It was my first visit to the shop, but lots of nice cars in the car park. After the work was done Dave came out and had a word, he then invited me out back into the workshop for a tour. It was great! So clean and very organised and professional. Can't fault Dave and his team. Had all the parts laid out for a conversion that was happening on a TT. Their old TTRS in Viper Green was back in for further mods too. Had a good chat about upgrades and the different options. If anyone is close to them and can afford it i would suggest visiting them!

This weekend gone a trip to the Lotus factory. It was a treat for my mates bday, so we drove to Hethel in Norfolk where the factory is based. Once we arrived we were greeted by a Lotus representative who directed us to the clubhouse in front of the track. Taken upstairs for more meets and greets, we had two track instructors one was Martin Donnelly ex F1 racer which was a nice surprise and the other was a nice chap called Paul. We also had Mike who had worked for Lotus since the 60s and he showed us around the factory. It was a great experience and i highly recommend it, you practically walk around the factory with no restriction and it's great to see the car being made (even if it uses a lot of mk3 Astra and Mondeo parts). The Elise we drove was a 220 sport so a 1.8 supercharged Toyota lump, more than enough poke for such a light car. The car itself was amazing, such balance and feel. My mate jumped straight out and was onto eBay haha. Thing is you think you are driving fast then the instructor jumps in and shows you how its done and all i can say is they are on another planet. Martin must be in his 50s, but no one told him that! So late and deep on the brakes its truly an experience!

Unfortunately all my pictures are above the 2mb size limit. Any other ways i can upload multiple photos on here?

Reactions: S3Alex
That sounds great...what a superb weekend.
The track part of that must have been amazing.

Mine's decatted but can be fitted with a massive cat if required,and we did think about it but the ECU runs a mild anti-lag,and that would simply blow the cat out.
DQ500 is definitely doable,and coming from a manual,well worth it,but if you already have DSG,then it's less easy to decide.

Looks great mate, like the s2k as well - always had a soft spot for them

I have been neglecting this, but in my defense nothing exciting has been happening. I have been going through some rough s**t personally and just been using the car as an escape. I took a day off work a couple weeks ago and hit the road. I found one of the best driving roads i think i have ever been on, destroys EVO triangle that's for sure! A39 from Minehead to Barnstaple is just pure driving heaven, in fact it was so good the next day i went back and took my mate, we also hit Cheddar Gorge on the way home. In total i did 1200 miles in two days and burned through a few tanks....

IMG 20171021 WA0026
IMG 20171021 WA0017
Test
Test 2

At the weekend i got some new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 3 for the front, but the tracking is out and the tyre roar is so bad between 50-70ish. So i will try and get it sorted this weekend if i can.

Next on the list is some brakes, it had new fronts before i got the car, but its cheap s**t and i warped the discs very quickly. These cars are known for warping them anyways. So i'm thinking about upgrading to 4 pot Brembos from a DB9 or TTS which is about £1500 new! Or i have seen a slight upgrade package for £600 which is better discs, pads and lines. Once i can stop the thing, then i will think about the power upgrades, a lot is going on so my money is being diverted and can't spend it on the car as much.

The next big road trip is Worthersee 2018, i went in 2016 and it was epic. Ideally i would like to take my car and go on the ring etc, but we will see closer to the time. Plan is to go to Spa then Nurburgring then into Switzerland and do some driving roads there and then into Austria. Finally to Ingolstadt and then Nuremberg then home. Around a 10 day trip, but should be awesome :smile:

Stay tuned for further (more exciting) updates.

So after a lot of tough decisions lately i have deiced to sell, the car will officially be up for sale soon, but if anyone is interested they can PM me. Getting all the little issues sorted before going up for sale so it's ready for the new owner.