Rolling Road / Dyno Day?

andyt99

Reaction score
Given the variance of output amongst 8V RS3s, how many people have had their cars dyno'd? Are there enough people in the Manchester area that would warrant organising a dyno day somewhere? Has anyone done one before?

The few people that I'm aware of got about 390hp on a standard car. Mine is on the rollers in August so I'll let you know!

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Beebee-one
The few people that I'm aware of got about 390hp on a standard car. Mine is on the rollers in August so I'll let you know!

TX.
It would be interesting to see what it produces TX. I am also planning to have my car dynoed when it has done a couple of thousand miles.
All the expectation of the 400ps engine for the 'forthcoming' facelift, but take at look at the dyno plot of a standard car on the MRC tuning rolling road = 398.2ps.
Notice the 'naughty' boost spike between 5000 & 6000rpm which takes the output well above the official quoted 367ps.

The results of the MRC stage 1 map are also very interesting. The final max output from the remap (420.5ps) is not significantly higher than the standard car (limited by the turbo), but just look at the incredible gains in the mid range - 80 to 100ps between 4000 to 5000rpm and a massive 100nm (around 74lbs/ft) between 3500 and 4750rpm.

Upload 2016 5 26 22 20 13

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
It's a mighty car as standard but once mapped it's an animal!

TX.