Roof Lining :(

H

HansfishS3

Hi all, recently I've noticed my roof lining has been sagging badly...and now its getting worse. Wanna try and sort this before winter time. I've got an S3 FL with no sunroof...what do you guys think is the best way forward....take off the lining to get "fixed" by someone? Or just buy another second hand and fit it...is it a hard job to do?

hey matey i've just got mine back in sexy sexy black as mine was pretty much completely off bar from it coming off the sides

if you can source a 2nd hand one cheap - go down that road. if not just remove your old one and get it re-trimmed. i saved some money by removing all the orange sticky foam crap with a heat gun and paint scraper (which is the problem as when it deteriorates it causes the sagging but you can't stick it back) then taking it to a shop for them to re-trim it with special foam backed fabric. Then i re-fitted by myself.

#1 <- check that for some help on DIY-ing it

Thanks :) I assume that the PFL and FL roof linings are interchangeable?

Right...managed to get hold of a roof lining from the same year S3....it doesn't fit at all...completely different shape...sigh spent the entire morning taking the old one off aswell. Time to look for another, they're very difficult to find :/

serious?!?! - i don't understand how they can't be the same if the same year? (unless it's the sunroof one....)

why don't you just re trim your old one ... it's already off now? unless you wanna be carrying it around to compare it which i would imagine to be a ballache

Not sure...it definitely a different shape...I will get mine reupholstered tbh, never know a second hand one might start sagging in a few months!

Reactions: IPG
yeah this way you can choose your color as well - i asked them to match the A-pillars too as they didn't have the exact same color as the dark grey trim in mine :)