Roof rack

AlS3BE

Reaction score
Just a quick question for those who have them.
I have a genuine Audi set of roof bars for my s3 and was wondering do I need to get the Audi cycle carriers to fit on them or something from Thule or Halfords will fit on them?
Only asking as the Thule cycle carriers says they are designed for Thule bars so not sure sure if they fit or not. Something about a t-cross bar whatever that is.
First time I’ve had bars on a car. Thought with this COVID stuff going on there’s not gonna be much holidays abroad so thought take the bikes and family away for a weekend somewhere instead.

No you can use any designed for T track roof bars, I have Mercedes cycle carriers and they fit my Audi roof bars.

Reactions: AlS3BE
No you can use any designed for T track roof bars, I have Mercedes cycle carriers and they fit my Audi roof bars.

Cheers for this
What is a t-track roof bar just out of curiosity and what other type of bars are there?

06C1BD9E FDE1 4F52 B820 5F95E74B5AC4

These are commonly found on the aluminium aerobar type, the other types are usually square box section that will require u bolts to go under the bar to secure your racks and roof boxes to the bar.

Reactions: AlS3BE
View attachment 234545
These are commonly found on the aluminium aerobar type, the other types are usually square box section that will require u bolts to go under the bar to secure your racks and roof boxes to the bar.

Ahh now I see. Just thought the groove was just meant get the rubber strip so there’s no rubbing.

Reactions: stubbly46
Well after a couple of month of faffing about with a dealer sending me a set of bars with missing parts I decided to get the Thule wing bars instead.
before I fit them. Is there any kind of protection I should put on the roof rails? Something like a film or laminate on the contact points maybe even some wax/coating.
I have a black edition with black roof rails so don’t want them to get scratched up from the metal brackets and looking crap when the bars aren’t there.