For Sale Ross tech hex V2 3 VIN

Wardie100

Reaction score
Purchased a few months ago and has been registered with one VIN. Cost £225 from Ilexa Dignostics.

Therefore two VIN’s remaining, and can be extended if more required thereafter.

Cones in carry case with CD £150

9a08ff7f42b6128d00346abf12d930a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can old VINS be erased? So, if I sell a car it frees up a VIN space? Or once it’s registered, and all three VINs are used, is that it forever? Thanks. Sorry if I’m being stupid but I have never owned an official vcds cable. Also does the VCDS software run on Windows 7? I’d like to use this cable on my facelift 2003 8L Audi S3 and 2016 facelift 8V Audi S3. Thanks

@s3mad_dude
Old vins cant be erased, otherwise everyone would just buy the cheapest package. Last time i checked you could buy a 3 use, 10 use or unlimited use. So this particular cable has 2 vins remaining. You'll be able to use it on both your cars as many times as you want. However when you do it will no longer work on any other cars, the licence will then need to be upgraded (easily done).

It is worth noting that many older cars dont know their own vin numbers and so you can essentially run diagnostics for free as many times as you like and not use up a licence. This is the case on my B5 S4. I believe nearly all pre-2002 cars dont know their own vins but dont quote me on that. You might get lucky and your 2003 S3 wont use up a licence.

Should work fine on windows 7.

No you can't delete a vin once it's full, you can however pay to upgrade to the next level, which is 10 vins, for $169.
It will still read and clear fault codes however

One thing to remember is to transfer ownership with Ross tech so it’s in your name for tech support and to use the ross tech forum cost $99

One thing to remember is to transfer ownership with Ross tech so it’s in your name for tech support and to use the ross tech forum cost $99
Or if you do it at the same time as a vin upgrade it's just $30 more!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
Win 7 will be fine. As said, reading and clearing codes will not use a VIN, only coding and SRI reset will. VCDS will prompt you before using any VIN up.