Rough idle

EanFordyce

Reaction score
Bought my 57 plate S3 8p a couple of weeks ago, really loving it!

I've noticed however, when the car is warmed up the revs when stationary seem to fluctuate from 1100 to 1600. Dipping the clutch or having it in neutral had no affect.

I have a cheap fault reader (eBay special) and it's bringing up fault code 000369.

Any id ice appreciated if it's a common problem or anything, thanks

It not a common problem that much I can tell you. But apart from that I think you need someone with more mechanical knowledge then myself, Good luck with sorting it.

Dave

I would check your MAF sensor, and for boost leaks, there are lots of pipework that can split and cause leaks.

I would check your MAF sensor, and for boost leaks, there are lots of pipework that can split and cause leaks.
Would it be anything to do with coil packs or plugs?

Pcv valve can cause your revs to fluctuate badly. It's common for these to fail. Not sure boost leaks would cause revs to rise. Do a search on here for pcv valve and you'll get all the info u need mate.

I had a similar problem with My A4 2.0tfsi, that turned out to be the pcv valve.
Bought a new valve at audi and did the work myself.
Pretty simple job.

Make sure to Clean the pipes while youre in there

That idle rpm seems pretty high.

Mine idles at 750-800rpm,and as everyone else has said,I'd be looking for leaks or PCV problems.