Royal Mail

Andy101

Reaction score
Royal Mail - Thieving Gypsy's

Got a postcard through the letter box saying I had to collect a letter with insufficent postage - £1.06 to pay. Got to the sorting office, it turns out the insufficient postage is 6p and the £1 is a handling charge. To make it worse the 6p was because they said the letter was 'large' because it was thicker tham 5mm.....hmm. Apparently if it doesn'y 'drop' unassisted through the 5mm gap in the perspex sizer is is 'large' - even though it passes through the gap......

Good to get it off my chest. Sounds like a surefire was to make a few quid.

May engineer a 'moustrap' style accessory for my letterbox over the bank holiday.

Before the replies call me a tight **** the quid is not the point it is the principal........

Rant complete. ********.

Works the other way though

Some Other Site! said:
Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage On a letter bomb. It came back with "Return to Sender" Stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits

You don't have to accept the letter. You can tell RM to send it back to the originator who will then have to pay the penalty instead.

jcs356 said:
You don't have to accept the letter. You can tell RM to send it back to the originator who will then have to pay the penalty instead.

A bit harsh when its your sister sending a congratulations card (still getting no sleep 10 days after the birth of my little fella) but point taken. A new stamp would be cheaper than payng the fee. Feckers - and I though I had got it off my chest. Andy.