RS 4 B7 best suspension?

Standard DRC cannot be beaten when well maintained for an all round road car that may occasionally see some track time.

Just took me rs4 on track an omg what a machine an the handling was amazing defo keeping drc lol

The DRC system on the RS4 and early RS6 is troublesome , whether you enjoy the ride or want something better is a personal choice but the system is flawed , in my workshop we converted loads of RS4 RS 6 suspensions and all of them with out fail had at least one shock that leaked (even at low mileage ) . The design of the system linking all the shocks via hydraulic pipes meant that as the oil leaked out air got in causing cavitation with in the system . ( this resulted in poor handling and often strange rattle noises from under the car ) You could keep taking them back to Audi to bleed and top up. Inevitably the problem would return and it was a costly process . Removing everything and fitting a coil over is one remedy but coil overs come with their own issues , The car has to be substantially lower , not to everyone's taste and a lot of after market coil overs are uncomfortable . The conversion we did was to tweak the valving in a Top brand shock to suit the car and remove all the DRC hydraulic components pipes and reservoirs etc Fitting a standard shape shock means you can maintain standard springs, ride height,
and comfort . The shock we used improved the handling and comfort levels substantially and we probably did 30 odd conversions successfully with out doing a coil over kit which realistically was the only other feasible repair . DRC shocks are simply not available after market /?

So what your telling me is lose drc for bog standard shock? Is better? Lol

Hey there , NO i am not for one minute suggesting a BOG standard shock , it simply wouldn't work and certainly wouldn't cope with the weight of the car . and the strength of the spring rates fitted , . What i am suggesting is one of the best designed performance dampers available that are tweaked to suit the RS4 specifically. The car will be better than DRC definately ( if DRC was that good why have they stopped using it ???) Have you tried getting a costing on a new set of DRC dampers ,, They are so expensive it makes people look for alternatives and the only alternative is a coil over , BUT it isn't to every ones liking LOW and HARD , Normally the RS4 client wants a more sophisticated drive , leave the coil overs to the Golf owners ha ha

Lol much better explained thank you you make a good point , could you tell me more about your system plz and my rs4 b7 will be stage 2 in a few weeks and next su

I'm running the KW V3s which I installed when the DRC started to become a problem, and Audi's quote for repair was daylight robbery.

I put them on mostly for lowering aesthetics, but on the once a year track day they are fantastic at controlling body roll.

I currently have a wheel arch gap to tyre of only around 10mm (and running 275 tyres) and there was zero rub on the track.

They do bottom out around town very occasionally for a millisecond when there is an unexpected dip in the road

10945124_1005580752789348_1185846723667994525_o.jpg

Hey there , NO i am not for one minute suggesting a BOG standard shock , it simply wouldn't work and certainly wouldn't cope with the weight of the car . and the strength of the spring rates fitted , . What i am suggesting is one of the best designed performance dampers available that are tweaked to suit the RS4 specifically. The car will be better than DRC definately ( if DRC was that good why have they stopped using it ???) Have you tried getting a costing on a new set of DRC dampers ,, They are so expensive it makes people look for alternatives and the only alternative is a coil over , BUT it isn't to every ones liking LOW and HARD , Normally the RS4 client wants a more sophisticated drive , leave the coil overs to the Golf owners ha ha
Hi @CRSboy - what workshop do you use? I'm currently looking into sorting my suspension as I have two leaky shocks. Would really like to quote up the work! Thanks :)

Hi what's the best upgrade for handling cheers
Hey - I have to say my RS4 is still running DRC and at present no issues. This said, I know it will eventually fail I will need to change them out. I hear a lot of folk running KW's or Bilstein's but I love the height and ride of the DRC and so I'd be looking for the closest thing I can get to the DRC. I may be amongst the minority but this is likely why CRSBoy has looked into an alternative?