RS headlight animation

DLA345

Reaction score
Like the RS taillight animation, is it possible to change the standard matrix animation into the RS animation? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but… why would you want your matrix animation to show as RS if your car isn’t an RS ?

Reactions: RichK
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but… why would you want your matrix animation to show as RS if your car isn’t an RS ?
There are no such things as stupid questions. I just really like the RS animation, it goes well with the S3 grill on the 45 TFSIe in my opinion.

I’ve seen on a video that the front lights of an RS3 spell out ‘RS3’ as an animation, on that basis do the S3 matrix lights spell our ‘S3’ as an animation?

Reactions: DLA345
I’ve seen on a video that the front lights of an RS3 spell out ‘RS3’ as an animation, on that basis do the S3 matrix lights spell our ‘S3’ as an animation?
Oh they do? In the signature DRL I guess? Surely there’d be a way to code only the animation on the top. It’s not like I’m the kind of guy that buys RS3 badges for a non-RS Audi haha.

Also the S3 just uses the same matrix animation like any other matrix equipped A3.

Last edited:
Oh they do? In the signature DRL I guess? Surely there’d be a way to code only the animation on the top. It’s not like I’m the kind of guy that buys RS3 badges for a non-RS Audi haha.

Also the S3 just uses the same matrix animation like any other matrix equipped A3.

hence why I wondered if the S3 spells out s3

maybe someone can do s3 :) but yeah s3 with rs3 will look stupid also remeber rs3 headlights are black inside has no chrome at all

S3 doesn’t come with the Matrix Light unit like on the Edition 1s and RS3 so no it wouldn’t spell out S3. (I know it use to be an option a while ago but it’s now been removed, unless they’ve brought it back)

The vorsprung S3 comes with matrix headlights. My dealer was lucky to find me a cancelled order for one which was built and sat at Emden port awaiting delivery to the UK. Shame it probably doesn’t spell out S3 though as clearly capable of doing so.

Last edited:
S3 doesn’t come with the Matrix Light unit like on the Edition 1s and RS3 so no it wouldn’t spell out S3. (I know it use to be an option a while ago but it’s now been removed, unless they’ve brought it back)
I was fortunate that I could order Matrix for S3 at the time but it doesn't spell S3 as far as I know, although I've not looked lately and as I park it in my garage I don't see the front lights

Reactions: RichK
I was fortunate that I could order Matrix for S3 at the time but it doesn't spell S3 as far as I know, although I've not looked lately and as I park it in my garage I don't see the front lights
There’s an animation when it starts up, they basically just kinda slide along. I’ll try get a vid later on when it gets dark again.

There’s an animation when it starts up, they basically just kinda slide along. I’ll try get a vid later on when it gets dark again.
Thanks - I have seen that but it doesn't say S3 like the RS3 says RS3, not even sure we get the chequered flag - Will be interesting to see it if you get a chance

That’s just the standard matrix animation. The only animation that’s different from the basic matrix one is the RS3 afaik.

Thanks - I have seen that but it doesn't say S3 like the RS3 says RS3, not even sure we get the chequered flag - Will be interesting to see it if you get a chance
Yea it's nothing like the RS one, and certainly doesn't say S3. Sorry jus tthought you meant you'd not seen the animation.

That’s just the standard matrix animation. The only animation that’s different from the basic matrix one is the RS3 afaik.
Yea, think it was just a misunderstanding on my part on sparks comment.

anyone found a solution for rs3 animation? I've mounted the black matrix instead of chrome one, and when turned on they showed RS animation. Unfortunately had to code them at the dealer because lights were giving errors and lost RS animation. So pretty sure animation can be achieved.

anyone found a solution for rs3 animation? I've mounted the black matrix instead of chrome one, and when turned on they showed RS animation. Unfortunately had to code them at the dealer because lights were giving errors and lost RS animation. So pretty sure animation can be achieved.
Off course can be if audi wont block.it

Do the matrix lights not project the Audi logo etc onto a wall? Did I imagine that lol? I thought it had a party trick so it acted like a projector?

Found someone that is able to code the RS animation + signature to the front Matrix LED’s for €250 excluding the VAS5054A cable a €130. Quite steep. ‍

Could you link us to whoever is able to code this? I am more interested in having the chequered flag LED display whilst driving, but I imagine this will come as a package with the RS startup animation, rather than being able to code separately… I’m willing to take that to get the flag.

Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz
Could you link us to whoever is able to code this? I am more interested in having the chequered flag LED display whilst driving, but I imagine this will come as a package with the RS startup animation, rather than being able to code separately… I’m willing to take that to get the flag.
Google "Purewrap"