RS style front grill for S1 : by TCR

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has fitted an RS style front grill to their S1 from TCR (www.triplercomposites.com) ? It’s about £285.
What’s the quality & fitment like ?
Just didn’t want to risk the usual eBay from China.
Many thanks

027D1246 2B5E 4A56 97B4 B45387AC837F
C507C1CC B93D 47A6 923E BB3F7AE6210A
1817A8B5 48E5 427A A3B5 20A9275390E6

I have one on mine, it's pretty good quality wise, the finish is nice. It's not up to OEM standard but you wouldn't know to look at it. Fitting is a pain in the ****! Getting the bumper off without breaking the side clips on the wing may be easy or not, depends on your car and then unclipping the original grill without breaking anything is tough. Worth the effort I think. Don't forget to paint your crash bar whilst the bumper is off!!

Didn't buy it from TCR though - they're just importing from the same place as everyone else.

I have one on mine, it's pretty good quality wise, the finish is nice. It's not up to OEM standard but you wouldn't know to look at it. Fitting is a pain in the ****! Getting the bumper off without breaking the side clips on the wing may be easy or not, depends on your car and then unclipping the original grill without breaking anything is tough. Worth the effort I think. Don't forget to paint your crash bar whilst the bumper is off!!

Didn't buy it from TCR though - they're just importing from the same place as everyone else.
Hi,
Many thanks for your help and information. Hope you don’t mind me asking, but is there only one company making these RS grills? What did you do about mounting your front number plate? And did you just use some smooth matt black hammerite for painting the front crash bar?
Many thanks

Hi,
Many thanks for your help and information. Hope you don’t mind me asking, but is there only one company making these RS grills? What did you do about mounting your front number plate? And did you just use some smooth matt black hammerite for painting the front crash bar?
Many thanks
Yeah I think so, you can buy them direct on Aliexpress, prices vary but they're all exactly the same so if they're not coming from the same factory they're sharing the drawings.

Mine came with a plate mount and I've used it but others use some clips that hold the plate in the hex of the grill but I can't remember what they're called.

Yep, any old metal paint will do but hammerite is as good as anything, used it on mine.

Yeah I think so, you can buy them direct on Aliexpress, prices vary but they're all exactly the same so if they're not coming from the same factory they're sharing the drawings.

Mine came with a plate mount and I've used it but others use some clips that hold the plate in the hex of the grill but I can't remember what they're called.

Yep, any old metal paint will do but hammerite is as good as anything, used it on mine.
Many thanks for your help - it’s much appreciated