RS Style Grill - Front Camera Issues

Bells

Reaction score
The only thing I dislike on my car is the Grill at first I wasn’t a huge fan of all the chrome coming from a S3 Black Edition but I must admit it has grown on me and I think it suits Daytona. However the grill has not, there is too much chrome and grey plastic so I’ve been looking at changing to a Alu Optics RS5 Honeycomb style grill. The only issue is my car is spec’d with the 360 degree cameras so has a cutout just below the Audi rings.

I’ve read a lot online about people having issues with aftermarket grills and the fitment of the camera mounting bracket as the OEM one can’t be reused to get the right angle etc and then stories of people having to recalibrate them etc.

So I wanted to ask has anyone gone through this and got one fitted successfully and if so where did you source your grill from? I’ve had a look at the usual selling sites and seller recommendations on here but they are all rather vague on whether or not it works without major modification.

Sorry @Sandra just realised I’ve posted this in the wrong section could you move it to the A5 B9 section instead please

Reactions: Sandra