RS246 / TrackDayHeroes Xmas Event

I'm booked in. Anyone else from here going?

This could be your last chance to drive Donington before the bulldozers move in!!!

omg that sounds fun! i always pick the wrong time to open my car lol

is there a general public track day event calendar? want to make sure i have the car running next time..

[ QUOTE ]
This could be your last chance to drive Donington before the bulldozers move in!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already in mate. The paddocks are down and the Melbourne loop is the temporary the pit lane. Donington Park have put up some marquees to accomodate the cars off-track.

[ QUOTE ]
******, I'm sort of busy that day, in the evening anyway, any chance of just being a spectator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see why not. You could always register for the day's events, and leave out the evening ones.

The B7 RS4 Hot Laps will be assigned by priority, i.e. TrackDayHeroes / RS246 members, and people who are taking part in the track day/museum/dinner. Spaces are limited, and we want it to be fair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
******, I'm sort of busy that day, in the evening anyway, any chance of just being a spectator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see why not. You could always register for the day's events, and leave out the evening ones.

The B7 RS4 Hot Laps will be assigned by priority, i.e. TrackDayHeroes / RS246 members, and people who are taking part in the track day/museum/dinner. Spaces are limited, and we want it to be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

who gets priority for this, have to state here i have only ever done a couple of track days i guess i'm at the bottom of the list i need to re-register on rs246.com too.

who are they having driving the rs4's for the hotlaps?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who gets priority for this, have to state here i have only ever done a couple of track days i guess i'm at the bottom of the list i need to re-register on rs246.com too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The priority is basically people who are taking part in the day and have been active on RS246/TDH. I have to say this as it wouldn't be fair to give a place to someone who just turned up to go out in the B7 RS4, over someone who is is an active contributor..... Hope this makes sense, and seems reasonable.

There are a few tasty cars already booked for the event, and usually we are happy to accomodate willing ballast with helmets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The driver for the B7 RS4 is one of the Audi Driving Experience drivers, and will be flown in especially for the event.

Oh, and you don't need to register on RS246, as the forms are openly available on TrackDayHeroes, and simply require completing and emailing. I'll keep the list of registered attendees updated on both RS246 and TDH.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already in mate. The paddocks are down and the Melbourne loop is the temporary the pit lane. Donington Park have put up some marquees to accomodate the cars off-track.

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew about the marquees/pits etc. I'm assumming the track (excluding Melbourne loop) is still the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The priority is basically people who are taking part in the day and have been active on RS246/TDH. I have to say this as it wouldn't be fair to give a place to someone who just turned up to go out in the B7 RS4, over someone who is is an active contributor..... Hope this makes sense, and seems reasonable.

<font color="red"> got yer </font>

There are a few tasty cars already booked for the event, and usually we are happy to accomodate willing ballast with helmets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="red"> sweet that might make my day! i may just turn up as spectator not sure how quick i can put my car back together, not a good idea for me to hog a spot on a limited event when i might not make it. </font>

The driver for the B7 RS4 is one of the Audi Driving Experience drivers, and will be flown in especially for the event.

<font color="red"> interesting sounds top</font>

Oh, and you don't need to register on RS246, as the forms are openly available on TrackDayHeroes, and simply require completing and emailing. I'll keep the list of registered attendees updated on both RS246 and TDH.

<font color="red"> re-registered now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Silly question, but is this event limited to Audi/VW/Porsche cars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hummmmm.............. very tempting. But I'm so ****** busy at the moment I don't know if i'm coming or going!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can you just turn up on the day and part with your cash????

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just turn up on the day and part with your cash????

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be possible, but you'll have to register early for the Hot Laps and evening meal/hotel.

Please review this and complete the outstanding email requests if you wish to attend. Due to the limited number of places we can't guarantee that you will be in the B7 RS4 on your own (Allocation will be by merit):

AdieT - ? - <font color="red">HotLaps</font>
Andiroo - 996Cup - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
bakerdcb - RS4 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>
Chubby +1 or 2 - ?
clive.harper - <font color="red">HotLaps+1</font>
cpufreak - S4V6 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
DaveP - RS4 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps+1</font>
DavidT - S4V6 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps+1</font>/<font color="orange">Museum+1</font>/<font color="green">Dinner+1</font>
Geoff - R32 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
james - Caterham - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
johneroberts - GT3 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
kcsun - RS4 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
lengster1 - RS4 - <font color="red">HotLaps</font>
Mitchell - GT3 - <font color="blue">Track</font>
Nem + 5 to 10!!!! - ?
Nige_S4 - S4V6 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
PhilT - RS4 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
Rs4Fan - RS4 - ?
rs666 - TT - <font color="blue">Track</font>
Ryan_s3 - ?
Scotty - S4V8 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>
Simple1 - RS4 - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
TarmacTerrorist - ? - <font color="blue">Track</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>
tombs - RS4 - <font color="red">HotLaps</font>/<font color="orange">Museum</font>/<font color="green">Dinner</font>

I'll try the track if i pass the noise test

The only 1.8T I've seen fail was "CliveD" but his exhaust at the time seems to be just a straight tube and it was with the big turbo kit!

Mine has a "bigger" turbo than clives and is much louder than his current set-up.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and registering on the day costs another £25 IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I 'provisionally' register to pay on the day??? If there is such a thing!

If I can make it, I would also like a go in the RS 4.................. and a Mclaren F1 for Christmas as well please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I can make it, I would also like a go in the RS 4.................. and a Mclaren F1 for Christmas as well please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have a few vouchers spare for rides in the new RS4, but due to only being allowed 1 passenger in the car, places are tight.

I did ask McLaren for a car yesterday, but they didn't have any spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Email sent with all the info for the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This email has gone out to the following people:

AdieT - ? - HotLaps
bakerdcb - RS4 - Track/HotLaps
bobjebb - ? - HotLaps
Chubby - HotLaps+1
clive.harper - HotLaps+1
cpufreak - S4V6 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
DaveP - RS4 - Track/HotLaps+1
DavidT - S4V6 - Track/HotLaps+1/MuseumTour+1/Dinner+1
james - Caterham - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
johneroberts - GT3 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
kcsun - RS4 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
lengster1 - RS4 - HotLaps
Mitchell - GT3 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
MK4ASH - ? - HotLaps
Nem + 5 to 10!!!! - ?
Nige_S4 - S4V6 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
PhilT - RS4 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner
RevoKev - EvoVI - HotLaps
Rs4Fan - RS4 - ?
rs666 - TT - Track
Ryan_s3 - ?
Scotty - S4V8 - Track/HotLaps
Simple1 - RS4 - Track/HotLaps/MuseumTour+1/Dinner+1
siwebb - ? - HotLaps+1
TarmacTerrorist - Exige - Track
tombs - RS4 - HotLaps/MuseumTour/Dinner

[ QUOTE ]
Can I have an email as well please phil................. I still hope to make it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd need an email address from you first.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Send it to crew@autowebmedia.com

Well.............. Just in case you didn't get my email.

My brakes are still not right, so it's no Donnington for me............. Sorry.

Sorry you couldn't make it JPO. We'll get some pics/video up so you can see what you missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif