Rs3 2016 PFL gearbox in manual

lior.s

Reaction score
Hey
Im new with this car and i noticed that the gearbox just on manual mode is little bit jolt/kick on 1-2-3 shift
Audi said its normal
Someone else have this ?

Hey
Im new with this car and i noticed that the gearbox just on manual mode is little bit jolt/kick on 1-2-3 shift
Audi said its normal
Someone else have this ?
Yes. Neck snapping some times.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I know on the R8 in dynamic mode they engineered a kick in for some drama. I always thought it felt like they’d done the same for the RS3.

I know on the R8 in dynamic mode they engineered a kick in for some drama. I always thought it felt like they’d done the same for the RS3.
I think he means on the actual shift. ie when you change up or down its jerky. Surely that hasn't been added for drama, it's horrible?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170
My PFL had a wonderful gearbox, all this talk of jerky gear changes never happened in mine. Take it back to Audi, not normal.

TX.

Edit - if in dynamic and "on a charge" I'd expect the gears to change with a bang / jolt of sorts as the car is on max attack. When cruising along I'd not expect the car to do it so depends on what you are up to at the time.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

My PFL had a wonderful gearbox, all this talk of jerky gear changes never happened in mine. Take it back to Audi, not normal.

TX.

Edit - if in dynamic and "on a charge" I'd expect the gears to change with a bang / jolt of sorts as the car is on max attack. When cruising along I'd not expect the car to do it so depends on what you are up to at the time.

Its happend on dynamic in s mode it very smooth
Just on manual i feel little bang/jerk

TX.
So its normal on dynamic manual
Mode ?

I'd say normal in dynamic yes if "on a charge" so maxing out the revs and changing at Rev cut point etc. Tbh I only ever used dynamic for that sort of thing, any other time I had custom setting with soft steering and suspension and gearbox just with engine noise in dynamic.

TX.

On my R8 in dynamic it is smooth as silk when accelerating hard.
Only clonks I get are at lower speeds and partial throttle.
Kinda similar to going up a motorbike gearbox without using the clutch, seemless when on it but less so when pootling.