Sportback RS3 - 2018 - Mode selection and exhaust issue

Rs3Life

Reaction score
Hi guys, as far I'm able to read at forum many people have the cold start issue with banging exhaust (I have that too) but I noticed something different and want to see what you know about it.
I'm always in dynamic mode and almost all the time drive with sports gearbox (just love the sound :rock:). Today I was driving as usual to do some shopping but the car was definitely much quieter than always, so I stopped to do some revs and investigate. After I changed mode to comfort and then back to dynamic I heard immediately a huge difference (flaps opened). Does your cars have same issue that while being started in dynamic the car drives like in comfort and requires resetting the mode?

Cheers :thumbs up:

Every time you turn the car off and restart by default it goes back to comfort although it will still say the last mode you turned it off in. This is due to emissions for starting that Audi program it to start every time in comfort. It’s absolutely normal and nothing you can do to change this. Just need to push the button a few times to cycle back through to dynamic

Reactions: Rs3Life
The most annoying thing about the car IMO. Or is it the squealing, rusting brakes...

Reactions: Rs3Life
At least now I know to finish day with changing mode to comfort and start with changing to dynamic on the way after a warmup :D

Reactions: Terminator x
At least now I know to finish day with changing mode to comfort and start with changing to dynamic on the way after a warmup :D

if you cycle to dynamic before you even start the engine, you'll also avoid the rattle at start up

Reactions: Rs3Life, sve170 and T-800
I didn’t have the rattle again this morning
On warmer mornings (10-12c) it is quiet.

The most annoying thing about the car IMO. Or is it the squealing, rusting brakes...
No squealing or rusting here Doc :thumbs up: 41ED495D 7AE3 4FE8 B123 D3CD2E3C3D0B1839159E 7110 40FD B0E6 A411FBCB76D8

Reactions: L1ARR and dno_uk