RS3 (367) vs RS3 Sedan (400)

In headline figures, 367HP versus 395HP and the FL being lighter it should indeed be a couple of tenths quicker 0-60 and a bit more accelerative in the gears but we all know the standard RS3 delivers nearer 385-390 HP so the real question is by how much have Audi understated the HP on the FL car?

You mean 362hp vs 395hp or in metric 367PS vs 400PS :)

I'm sure there was a TTRS on the dyno at approx 410bhp so Audi have slightly understated the power again I would say.

So sounds like the FL might have about 7% more power.. being lighter that should make a difference though I did not 'feel' it myself.

Ok, so I've just got back from the dealership having seen, heard and had a pootle in the car park with a Nardo sportback in absolutely basic spec. No styling packs, sports exhaust, supersports seats...nothing.

Looks - I parked mine a parking space but one next to it so I could get a good idea against mine (Panther black with black pack). It's very difficult to give an opinion because it was such an awful spec. I like Nardo but with no black pack it looked really plain. Even more so with silver wheels. But I think I prefer the PFL rear without those reflectors, but prefer the FL light clusters. As for the front, we were debating away against them. I personally prefer my front light clusters but the salesman and my mate preferred those on the FL. Overall though, there's nothing between them in the looks department...they are very similar.

Interior - felt exactly the same as my PFL! Except for the virtual dash, which seemed ok. I think if the virtual dash was a high priced option I wouldn't bother. It had the standard seats which aren't a match for the supersports. I preferred the steering wheel on the FL...I never could understand why the PFL had the alcantara at the top and bottom. Again though, nothing in it.

Noise - a clear win for the PFL! Ok, so this didn't have the sports exhaust but there was barely - and I mean barely - any noticeable change between comfort and dynamic. There were a few little crackles when revving up but certainly it's quieter. To make the point to the salesman, I fired mine up and revved it and he honestly jumped. It helped I was parked up against a metal roller shutter! Even so, the PFL is just clearly more raw and authentic sounding.

I'm going to get myself a test drive so I can take it out on the open road, but it will have to be pretty special for me to change.

To be clear, if I didn't have a PFL, and for those who have ordered one, it is a lovely car and will sound incredible while also being usefully faster (judging by @Leo-RS video) and I would get one. As it is, I'm very happy with mine and can't see me changing over.

That's until I get blown away at a set of lights by a FL!!! ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Nardo with no options.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 155