Rs3 8p exhaust

Pieman179

Reaction score
Hi
I’m new so go easy... I have a rs3 8p and Am thinking the exhaust is a resonated one... not very loud no gurgling or pops etc... what would people suggest to get a more aggressive sound without spending an absolute fortune... cheers

Do you think you have an aftermarket exhaust already? They can come in resonated or non resonated

If standard :
Easiest /cheapest stage is secondary cat delete which are a straight swap.

Bit more voice , but it’s not going to give you pops and bangs that’s mapped in on newer facelift models which also had a sports exhaust option the 8P didn’t have.

From the secondary cats back the original exhaust is one piece, so unless you want to cut and shut it’s difficult and most people haven’t dabbled that way.

PCW might be able to help if you want to mod the existing exhaust.

Quite a few newer RS3 vids on YouTube etc.

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
Do you think you have an aftermarket exhaust already? They can come in resonated or non resonated

If standard :
Easiest /cheapest stage is secondary cat delete which are a straight swap.

Bit more voice , but it’s not going to give you pops and bangs that’s mapped in on newer facelift models which also had a sports exhaust option the 8P didn’t have.

From the secondary cats back the original exhaust is one piece, so unless you want to cut and shut it’s difficult and most people haven’t dabbled that way.

PCW might be able to help if you want to mod the existing exhaust.

Quite a few newer RS3 vids on YouTube etc.

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/
Thanks very much...think I’ll save a few quid and go for a non res Milltek or the like... much appreciated

Thanks very much...think I’ll save a few quid and go for a non res Milltek or the like... much appreciated

8P RS3 STD exhaust and Milltek with resonated and non-resonated centre pipework...

RS3 Miltek

Hi
I’m new so go easy... I have a rs3 8p and Am thinking the exhaust is a resonated one... not very loud no gurgling or pops etc... what would people suggest to get a more aggressive sound without spending an absolute fortune... cheers

For me the 8P RS3 is not so visually in-yer-face as the 8V RS3 - otherwise I'd have purchased (£s waiting) already.

Similarly the exhaust noise of an 8P RS3 is, for me, more appealing, let's say 'balanced' or 'less harsh.'

I've an 8V RS3 residing next door (kept seeing/hearing mine and couldn't hold back) and I often hear, listen, and we often compare.

An 8P RS3 with secondary cats removed "for me" sounds perfect with the right amount of volume/musical accompaniment as not to be noticeable and/or alert them that need not be alerted, if you know what I mean.

Much has been said about motorway-drone but for me a STD 8P RS3 exhaust system with secondary cat by pass pipes just doesn't drone at all - and I'm closer to 80 years of age than most 8* RS3 drivers here are to 30 - maybe its the loss of hearing, maybe...

So be careful what you may be (?) asking for Pieman179; sometimes too much noise might be TOO much noise...

My own RS3 is de-badged and looks more TDi that 2.5tfsi, and the noise is subtle but luxurious 5-pot warble, and I'm happy with that...

P1000254 exh

Thx for the reply ... Ive pushed past the big 50 so I don’t want a boy racer noise .. just don’t know too much about exhausts.. what is secondary cats removed ?

Thx for the reply ... Ive pushed past the big 50 so I don’t want a boy racer noise .. just don’t know too much about exhausts.. what is secondary cats removed ?

50 for me was 23 years ago and that's why I said what I did. An 8P RS3 with secondary cat by-pass pipes for me and mine makes a wonderful noise - without being obvious; just don't expect an AUDI dealership to MOT it...

Miltek non rea on mine and its loud enough but not annoyingly loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secondary cat delete.

90C2DBC9 E23F 4737 9CFF 802712E088B2

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
no res Milltek you likely not like after awhile. You will have a small amount of drone. Placing a vibrant bottle before the back box and getting rid of the flapper is the sweet spot IMHO. If you have a standard exhaust, I would try getting rid of the resonators at the "Y" like in the A3 3.2 and then adding in the vibrant and getting rid of the flapper