RS3 8V Orders List

Yes, but it's 1% the sales guy checking and 99% luck on a car like the RS3. There aren't many floating around on order for dealers which can be amended.
It is also entirely possible you were just lucky and the factory allocated an early build week.
Excellent so you agree, I don't know how much work go's in to looking in to amending a order or how they allocate that amendment to what sales guy gets it. But in my experience having a good sales guy definitely helps. Also he told me he amended a order with my spec. He's not really just a sales guy he's a family member so I guess willing to do a little bit more then most

I don't know how much work go's in to looking in to amending a order

About 2 mins - they usually do it while you are sat in front of them ordering the car. Every sales guy I've ever dealt with has done it as a matter of course.

About 2 mins - they usually do it while you are sat in front of them ordering the car. Every sales guy I've ever dealt with has done it as a matter of course.
When I ordered 2016 Q1 was all they had, but I'm guessing he must of took two mins out of a next day & looked for me. Whatever he did I'm happy it only a 3 months wait & not 6 plus like some of the other people that placed orders before & after me. Should be getting built next week

I have no frustration with my dealer at all, he has done all he can from day 1 in my eyes and provided great service. Just a frustration with the system that customers that ordered on the same day as me are now driving round in their cars (with almost identical spec)and I don't have a BW yet. Having driven the car last weekend, I would never consider cancelling as it is my dream car right now. The delay just means that I am saving a bucket load more cash which is always a bonus.

Reactions: boozyjay and RYuill
I think it dose like I said when my 2nd order was placed all he could tell me was, I would get it next year quarter one. Then with a little work on his part looking out for a order to amend hey presto September 1st
It's still out of their hands...your amended order depending on spec will be what determines your delivery.. It could have pushed the order in to next year.
Also I'm assuming if your order was amended to exclusive as mine, you would probably have lost your bw all together.
So to an extent you are right in your spec and scenario only.

Just changed my order to glacier white with black wheels, hopefully will look good

Reactions: quinnii
It's still out of their hands...your amended order depending on spec will be what determines your delivery.. It could have pushed the order in to next year.
Also I'm assuming if your order was amended to exclusive as mine, you would probably have lost your bw all together.
So to an extent you are right in your spec and scenario only.
You guys are so argumentative let me explain what I'm saying again. All I'm saying is it helps having a pro active sales guy. I'm sure if he never did anything my car would come quarter one 2016 like the computer said. Him looking every day for a week or if it was just the one day that he looked & there was a amendment available. Is the reason why I am getting my car when I'm getting it. Not trying to say he has any special powers or influence on the system. He just looked out for a amendment & made sure he got it for my car. I think he also said because of my high spec, I have pretty much opted for everything except exclusive paint & the red bits inside. It was easy to amend as it was over show room spec. So maybe that's why I got the allocation other some other people that may have been waiting. Dealer is in Bristol so I'm sure there would have been other orders

Reactions: T-800
You have no idea how the system works, sorry Jay! You've just lucked out!
Having a massive spec actually makes it even more unlikely to find an amendable car.
You're sales person has done a very good job of making you feel special and they have done a load of work for you (which is nice and their job), but in reality this isn't true.

You have no idea how the system works, sorry Jay! You've just lucked out!
Having a massive spec actually makes it even more unlikely to find an amendable car.
You're sales person has done a very good job of making you feel special and they have done a load of work for you (which is nice and their job), but in reality this isn't true.
Once again not making out like I know how the system works just telling you about my experience. Is this what happens when you share your experiences with people on this form. Next time I won't say anything, enjoy waiting for your cars guys I'll be in mind soon. May post how it is but I think I'll just keep it to myself with the responses I'm getting

Once again not making out like I know how the system works just telling you about my experience. Is this what happens when you share your experiences with people on this form. Next time I won't say anything, enjoy waiting for your cars guys I'll be in mind soon. May post how it is but I think I'll just keep it to myself with the responses I'm getting
Jay I wouldn't listen to anything Jose says and just take it all with a pinch of salt ,he seems to think he knows everything and everyone else knows nothing and will argue black is white.

Post your experiences great, but don't get upset when people comment on them with feedback on the topic which you freely admit you have limited knowledge on. I've not argued against the fact your sales guy was being useful, just that where he is making out to you he's done you a massive favour, that's not the whole story!
I suspect as you say he is a family member the main issue here is you are feeling defensive of him (which is fair enough), but remember, he's a sales guy too ;)

It's great and I'm pleased (and jealous!) that you are getting your car so soon and I look forward to seeing/hearing how it goes!

And "WALTER" - I'll post on matters I know lots about all I want thank you very much.

Reactions: quinnii
Take no notice Jermaine we won't all talk down to you

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Post away Jose ,the more you post the more people can see for themselves what your like :blahblah1:

Love that you two come here to bitch and moan now you're not allowed to elsewhere :)

I suppose your comment RE more you post the more people see applies to more than just me...

I thought I would start a thread to capture all of those whao have actually placed a confirmed factory order for a RS3 8V so that we can see each others progress, build week allocation, dealer selection and delivery dates etc. Who has put there money where there mouth is :cool: and whos will be the first to arrive!:hubbahubba:
I just thought I would remind you why I started this thread. I have no problem with robust debate - but stay on topic chaps!

Reactions: billyali86 and josedebardi
Love that you two come here to bitch and moan now you're not allowed to elsewhere :)

I suppose your comment RE more you post the more people see applies to more than just me...

Not Bitchin or Moaning just speaking my mind ,your full of you're own self importance and the more you post the more people will see as lots have already.You can't be as well connected at Audi as you try to make out otherwise you'd be driving around in a new RS3 rather than your build date getting moved further away.:blahblah1:

No one is bitching or moaning Jose..........

It does seem you manage to rub people up the wrong way........ Like in this very thread.

I've had members on here and over on RS3 OC PM me regarding the way you post........

But please don't think you know more than everyone on these forums because you don't......

I cannot remember ever coming across someone who's forum posts are so condescending and so self important........

Every forum I've seen your replies to topics or people's posts they all come across the same way...... You are 100 % right and everyone else knows balls all.

I just thought I would remind you why I started this thread. I have no problem with robust debate - but stay on topic chaps!
Exactly why Jermaine posted Nimbus265.........

But some people feel they know better.

I apologise if it's moved off topic.

O.......K

So, anyone want to talk about the new A45?

Reactions: RMJ891
Certainly not!!!

Reactions: T-800 and DAYTONA 500
Is that a road extension?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and T-800
Hmmm, I seem to remember a certain person and his "pals" were
criticized last week and called idiots!

I guess they weren't the idiots after all.

Reactions: Schuey
Yep that's me, filmed today in my new baby :)

Only about 4k rpm cos still running it in....

Reactions: RYuill, NormantheDog, Schuey and 4 others
My son did the video editing and removed the bit with the exhaust set to Comfort - here it is....is the car even turned on?????

Reactions: 45bvtc
That's the dog's wotsits, Yorrick; well done you and your son for the video editing...

Reactions: Yorrick and T-800
1000km at 2/3 max rpm (am trying to stick to 4k but, oops...) then another 500km a few more rpm, then maxxxxxx :)
That's what the manual and dealer says anyway. I'm trying.....

Off on a pointless trip to LIncolnshire tomorrow to put some miles on. Wifey wants to look at some ancestor's gravestones or something bizarre - who am I to argue :)

Reactions: 45bvtc, RYuill and boozyjay