RS3 8V vs 8P

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
Coming off the M25 today @ j. 2 and spotted a 2015 grey RS3 cheekily jumping the queue ahead of me to get on to the M2. Ended up right behind him in traffic for about 5 miles heading east and eventually we had clear road ahead. Neither of us having had chance to acknowledge each other, by virtue of owning the RS3 we both did the same thing and just floored it, flying along together for a couple of miles, close to the max. Nothing in it between us performance wise. Cooled it off, slowed down and passed each other with a thumbs up. Generally a safe bet that an RS3 driver is an OK guy/girl!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Strange I've seen a stage 1 RS3 8p vs stock RS3 8v at crail that were also neck and neck, test reviews also suggest the 8v is a fair bit quicker

Should be interesting!

giphy.gif

TX.

Mine's stock 2012 couldn't comment on the 2015 RS3 but we were both at a good cruising speed before going for it so if there are significant performance differences, they are likely to be in the lower ranges. Anyway, my post was more to do with the joy of driving/ownership rather than performance comparison. Both are wonderful!

The old car is a tad down on power so perhaps lighter than the new one? As you say both are fantastic though!

TX.

Yet another reason (and there's a fair few) why I'm content with the 8P; in real-world driving there isn't £25K difference and that's what it'd cost me to change... :superman:

Reactions: xpoweruk
Yet another reason (and there's a fair few) why I'm content with the 8P; in real-world driving there isn't £25K difference and that's what it'd cost me to change... :superman:
Absolutely agree John, for now (50k miles soon)...

Absolutely agree John, for now (50k miles soon)...

Just 11700 miles here, Marcus; difference being: a) retired, so I don't have to drive to work every day, and b) two other Audis to exercise.

Having two other 'lesser' Audi cars is why I can't get excited over the 8V or 'facelift' RS3; BLUEY still provides that same excitement as it did back in 2011, we invariably say shortly after setting off anywhere "this is a nice car".

Our 'lesser' car reserved for day-to-day driving is a fabulously torquey 90bhp 3-pot diesel A2; it handles like a go-kart and we can park it anywhere and not worry; then on sunny days out comes the TT; and when we want to go somewhere and enjoy the RS3, we do.

In 4.1/2 years of ownership I've only seen two 8P RS3s on the road and never yet an 8V

And I still consider the 8V toooo conspicuous for a 71-year old :blink: And we've been to view more than once....

For me the RS3 is the most accomplished all weather, safe, fun, and exciting motor car, for me and mine, and until I find something different that remains as inconspicuous to others on the road, but isn't, then for sure I'll be staying with the 8P :hi:

Reactions: ricje, S., monkeyboy_marcus and 2 others